Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered what your thoughts were in regards to which is worth more? A 2000 RS or a 2004? If they had the same miles, color, condition (which is in very good condition) which would be worth more?

I know the 2000 models has that rare body that is rarely seen, but the new body of the 2004 is kind of nice.

·
Registered
2000, rs 2.5, silver
13 Posts
2000, partially because thats what i have, but mainly because the older body style has a better look to me over the 2004 style

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
The 2004 is worth more, that's easy.

But if you like the 2000 better, than it's worth more to you, emotionally.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
If you're talking book value then yes, but they sell privately for about the same price.
Sometimes. And I understand why, since the '00 RS had some equipment that's preferable, plus the nostalgic value for some people. But I wouldn't say that's always the case.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DONT get rid of you 2000!! you'll regret it!! such a lightweight car, i dont get why you would want to "upgrade"
IMO don't get anything that's an 02 or up unless it's turbo'd...

Well i didn't end up buying the car only bc from the pictures it looked black, but when I saw the car personally it was a dark blue which I am not a big fan of.

any particular reason not to get an new rs? Any issues I haven't heard about?

Well personally the only reason I wanted an new body style is because I wanted something that was a little more subtle in looks. Don't get me wrong the 2000 rs looks nice with the certain body accents, but I'm a little older and I just feel it just doesn't suit me (just regular driving and no tuning). That's why right now I want to trade out the magnaflow exhaust to stock and I've traded the painted side skirts to the stock black ones. I love me some stock. haha

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
The problem with the 04RS is that everyone will always ask you "why didn't you get a WRX, or an STi" which will always make them worth less. The 2k rs was the cream of the crop Impreza, the 04rs was the bottom of the barrel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know i will miss it if i sell it since I've sold one before and bought this one recently to replace it. I am not a fan of the hood scoop (unless if it was a turbo of course). I guess I'll just find a regular hood to buy to put on my car, but I'm not selling my rs hood since I'm pretty sure any future owner will want it on.

Any body selling a stock GC silver impreza hood? haha

·
Registered
2013 FR-S
2,116 Posts
Just put a scoopless hood on and be done... The RS isn't THAT outlandish looking.

That said, the irony of the "I'm a little older and it just doesn't suit me" comment coming from your username is making me laugh. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.