Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I posted a longer, complicated picture filled post in the troubleshooting section about this...but I've managed a way to ask my question in less than a short novel.

I bought my 2000 2.5rs from a guy who put (from what I gathered) a JDM EJ25D motor in it. (EJ251 originally in the car).

My question: HOW DO I MAKE IT RUN PROPERLY? lol

The guy obviously had no clue about anything he did.

What things should he have swapped with it? (engine wiring/intake manifold, etc?)

My problem is that it won't idle, as there seems to be a sensor (or sensors..) that aren't connected.

I ask because I saw Rob had the harness and the intake for the EJ25D for sale, and it would be quite convenient as this issue blows.

Thanks,
Rob (another one) :help:

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Well the IAC (idle air control valve) needs to be plugged in to regulate idle, but now I'm wondering why its not. Is there any harness cutting or splicing?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Well it looks like he has the map sensor on the manifold. As long as the tps and iac are connected, there should be no issue. Maybe the Iac (unplugged gadget) is messed up? It is designed to open and let extra air in to raise idle. If that's the original jdm IAC it could very well be bad.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what's a tps look like? Throttle positioning sensor correct? I imagine it's connected to the throttle body someplace... Is there any way to know where I could possibly connect the IAC? I can plug it in, but I have no clue where to connect those 3 wires.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
what's a tps look like? Throttle positioning sensor correct? I imagine it's connected to the throttle body someplace... Is there any way to know where I could possibly connect the IAC? I can plug it in, but I have no clue where to connect those 3 wires.
The tps is black and held on to the side of the throttle body with two screws. It has a three wire plug. In your pics it looks plugged in.

Oh, I didn't realize the wires to the IAC weren't connected. Just thought the connector was unplugged. Well I'm not sure about the 00 RS ecu pin locations, but I'll tell you what IAC plug pins are:

>Yellow/red - 12v+ when the key is in the 'run' position, you can find this wire at some of the actuators on the engine. It is the positive supply rail for several things that are on with the engine running. Look at some of the solenoids that are hooked to vacuum lines, one should have a yellow/red you can tap in to for the Iac power.
>Black - this is either open or close (-) wire, you can find out by just switching and trying after finding the correct ecu pin location
>White - same as above, if the car doesn't idle just switch the connections for the black and white wires from the Iac at the ecu

The Yellow/red gives the IAC motor + power and the black and white are basically both negatives. The ecu sends (-) power back and forth between the two wires to regulate air bypassing the throttle plate, to keep the engine idling correctly. Check the ecu wiring diagram for the IAC wiring and see if there are two IAC wires the white and black can connect to.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many fingers do I need to trade to find an ECU wiring diagram lol... I searched and searched and I have no idea where to find one. Dealership?

Thanks for your feedback, so far you have been very helpful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts