Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nobody knows
2011 STI
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my brother and I were working on his 99 RS today. We changed the rear O2 sensor. We forgot to disconnect the battery, but the ignition was off. We changed the rear O2 plugged it back in. unplugged the front and plugged it back in as well. and tried to start the car. The car will turn over, it has fuel, but no spark. Now for the weird part. When you take the key out of the ignition, the windows still work, the dash lights are on, and the radiator fans turn on. The temp guage shows it is overheated but the car is stone cold. Did I fry my ECU, ignition control mod, or something else??? Any help would be great thanks.

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
That is weirdddddddddddddddddddddddddd. It would be nothing with changing a o2 sensor tho.

Unplug and plug the ecu back in

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
The rear oxygen sensor has nothing to do with anything. You could swing it around, smash it into a wall, disconnect it, reconnect it, lick it and then install it and nothing will happen except you'll get a harmless CEL.

You did something way wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.