Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

the turbo was primed properly....was getting oil and coolant....

when i got the turbo it had some shaft play but didn't think it was enough to worry about(and i really just wanted to get the car back on the road and didn;'t want to waste the 400$ on duty :mad:)

do u think gruppe-s will/should warranty it? (of course i'll be calling them on monday to find out...)

also could this have caused my low compression in one cyl? (thinking chunks of metal could be passed into the combustion chamber fucking up my christmas(and my rings)?

:(.....i proclaim august the month of fail for me

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
DAMN that sucks! Something made it past your filter for sure. Definately do some compression checking when you get that turbo replaced :noes: How could anything have made it past the maf, even if a piece of filter brace managed to fall off???? Wait, you have a map car, right? Check your filter, did anything come off? Hopefully plastic is what did it...

·
Registered
99 Impreza RS rally blue pearl
705 Posts
Finally, proof that small children/pets can get sucked in. That really sucks, Id check the intake for holes/missing material etc. That along with low comp in one cyl seems fairly suspicious.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i checked the intake, filter etc...couldnt find anything missing.....

the turbo was only on the car for a month....and no surge at all during that month.....

i really think the turbo is defective......but i have no way to prove it so i have a feeling im going to get fucked......

this blows.......800$ down the drain.....

maybe gruppe-s will hook me up....but doubtful

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
well i checked the intake, filter etc...couldnt find anything missing.....

the turbo was only on the car for a month....and no surge at all during that month.....

i really think the turbo is defective......but i have no way to prove it so i have a feeling im going to get fucked......

this blows.......800$ down the drain.....

maybe gruppe-s will hook me up....but doubtful
if they say no right way, ask if you send in the old turbo, if they can give you come credit for it. i know very little about turbo's (learning more everyday) and shouldnt the exhaust side still be good? the shaft if the only thing that it messed up right?

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if they say no right way, ask if you send in the old turbo, if they can give you come credit for it. i know very little about turbo's (learning more everyday) and shouldnt the exhaust side still be good? the shaft if the only thing that it messed up right?
yeah but i dont think gruppe-s rebuilds turbos...

does anyone know where i could send it to get rebuilt? maybe even get some porting done while it's getting rebuilt(gotta gain something out of this shit)?

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
w0w man! Sorry to hear about the shitty accident. I wouldn't be happy either.

Hope you get it taken care of without having to spend too much! :)

·
Registered
MY01 2.5 rs Black
696 Posts
Only turbo I've ever seen that looked like that was on a friend's track car, after his air filter fell off, and he ended up going off track during a TT event. Sucked some small rocks up the intake, and his turbo looked almost identical.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
99 Impreza RS rally blue pearl
705 Posts
I'm curious about what youll find when you crack open the block,or remove the head with the low comp cyl.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm curious about what youll find when you crack open the block,or remove the head with the low comp cyl.
werd....i need to get a camera......

heads come off 2moro :)'

ps someone come through with a shop i can send my snail to to get rebuilt....i could search i guess....but im lazy

·
Registered
2001 Silver RS-T
482 Posts
That sucks!!!! Majestic turbo has rebuilt a garrett gt for me before and did a great job. You might try comp turbo.

·
Registered
422 Posts
werd....i need to get a camera......

heads come off 2moro :)'

ps someone come through with a shop i can send my snail to to get rebuilt....i could search i guess....but im lazy
damn jefff , sorry to hear about the turbo - does look like something got sucked in and destroyed it. Hopefully it didnt screw up the cylinder to the point of not being able to fix it.

·
Registered
1999 ver7 coupe
504 Posts
Have you looked in your IC for debris? Would have to be a pretty freaking small object to get through the IC.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Have you looked in your IC for debris? Would have to be a pretty freaking small object to get through the IC.

/\ True. There could be particles chilling in the inlet of the I/C

1 - 20 of 26 Posts