Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up these wheels in the winter of 05/06, and almost immediately painted them with Duplicolor's graphite wheel paint, though I left the lip the stock silver color. I repainted them last summer, and I'm going to have to repaint them this summer as well. I was thinking about doing something different, but I'm not sure what would look right.

This is how the car currently looks:

I was thinking about maybe painting them gold, but I think that it may be too much or that it might draw your eye towards the wheels as opposed to the vehicle as a whole. I'm also not sure because of the amount of black that is currently on the car.

I no longer have Photoshop, so I couldn't photoshop gold wheels on my car as it sits now. Missing from this picture is the spats, spoiler, foglight covers, and quite a bit of a drop. Also, all the stickers on the car (Nasioc, Lovell/Freeman, Eibach) have since been removed.

I'm going to prep and paint the wheels to last this time, so I'll be stuck with whatever color I decide. I appreciate any feedback you guys could offer.

C/N: Paint wheels grey, gold, or something else?

·
Registered
71 Posts
looks good. i want to paint my rims like that gold but just havent gotten around to leavin my car on jackstands for a day

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kind of like the lip because it's different from everyone else's grey wheels.

For comparison, a buddy painted his wheels all grey, compared to mine w/ the silver lip:

·
Registered
01 impreza 2.5 rs silver
91 Posts
with this new app i downloaded on my iphone (its like photoshop, kinda cool; called "color change") i "painted" my rims a bunch different shades of grey to see what it would look like. off the car they look wicked but on i dont know. and im not so sure about the red pinstripe anymore.. the calipers are bright red and i would use the same paint as the caliper for the pin stripe to color match it perfectly. ahh dunno.. tell me what you think..

·
Registered
01 impreza 2.5 rs silver
91 Posts
I picked up these wheels in the winter of 05/06, and almost immediately painted them with Duplicolor's graphite wheel paint, though I left the lip the stock silver color. I repainted them last summer, and I'm going to have to repaint them this summer as well. I was thinking about doing something different, but I'm not sure what would look right.

This is how the car currently looks:

I was thinking about maybe painting them gold, but I think that it may be too much or that it might draw your eye towards the wheels as opposed to the vehicle as a whole. I'm also not sure because of the amount of black that is currently on the car.

I no longer have Photoshop, so I couldn't photoshop gold wheels on my car as it sits now. Missing from this picture is the spats, spoiler, foglight covers, and quite a bit of a drop. Also, all the stickers on the car (Nasioc, Lovell/Freeman, Eibach) have since been removed.

I'm going to prep and paint the wheels to last this time, so I'll be stuck with whatever color I decide. I appreciate any feedback you guys could offer.

C/N: Paint wheels grey, gold, or something else?
btw pics aren't showing up...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts