Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
98Rs swaped 99Lgt beater
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 lgt with a 2.5 DOHC and obviously a manual trans. I am replacing the clutch and maybe flywheel soon and i am wondering if a SOHC clutch and flywheel will work on the DOHC. I don't see why not but i want some input before i buy the wrong parts. Any info is appreciated thanks

· Registered
1998 'Rally' Blue RS 2.5
50 Posts
Would there be any drivability issues with putting a 12# lightened flywheel behind a mostly stock daily driven Phase 2 EJ251 (SOHC) in my 98 RS?

Also is there any truth to what I read that the the Phase 1 engine to tranny mount has 1 bolt less than the Phase2 to tranny mount and that a Phase 1 will bolt to a Phase 2 tranny by leaving out the extra bolt but not the reverse?

I am replacing my 98 DOHC ej251 with an 05 SOHC ej251 and if I have to so some engineering or tranny swap it would be nice to know since the engine should be here in a day or 2 and I'd kinda like to have all the stuff together so i can minimize down time.

· Registered
'06 LGT
9,912 Posts
I am replacing my 98 DOHC ej251 with an 05 SOHC ej251 and if I have to so some engineering or tranny swap it would be nice to know since the engine should be here in a day or 2 and I'd kinda like to have all the stuff together so i can minimize down time.

I think the tranny is going to be the least of your problems, you do realize that those motors are no where near close to the same...

That is unless you are just replacing the shortblock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.