Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought I would sell my car in the future, but that new z is very tempting.

What would make you break away from your 1st gen impreza.

The Rs I would be giving up:
04 sti swap with jdm v7 drivetrain. Cali barred and all stock parts except for the axle back stromung muffler.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,701 Posts
Ha good question! The cars I would sell it for are so far out of reach... R34 GTR, Porsche Turbo (awd with a manual, only) comes to mind.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Your question made me think too.. lol..

99 RS Coupe, full subframes 06 WRX swapped(originally), FP Blue, Koni suspension, Iwire harness, etc..

Waiting on respray and getting built motor, full PPG 5mt, Dom 3.5 XTR, flex fuel kit, etc..

An Audi RS6 wagon, would be the direction I would go.
Maybe a Porsche Panamera..

I would have to sell more of my Subaru's, then I would like..

04 STI swapped, FMIC, bigger turbo, and ADF lifted Baja..

My 05 FXT Auto. Turbo Baja 4eat(sport shifter and TCU), LGT column mounted paddle shifters, STI control and and laterals, Koni suspension, TiC built long block, FP Blue, etc..

And my newest entry.. 97 Impreza, manual coupe..

The one I would Never sell, for any other car..
My JDM STI Forester swapped, Sport..

All the good stuff! It's my Glove!

A 04 FXT and 10 FXT, aren't pictured but they can go, too! Lol..
I like a FXT!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
247 Posts
As silly as this sounds, I don't think I would sell it for any car. Maybe, just maybe, I'd need to think about it if you offered me a production Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 or maybe a left-hand drive mid-90s Celica GT-four. Maybe a Ford RS2000?

I love my RS, and I am attached to it not only because it was my second car, but because it represents when I became a fan of Rally Racing in the first place. I always loved cars and racing, from watching Nascar in my early years, to racing 4-wheelers and go-karts myself, to the racing-based video games I played. I actually first discovered rally racing through Gran Turismo, then the WRC accidentally through SPEED channel. At that time, I decided to root for Richard Burns, who was on the the last year of the GC platform, and I absolutely fell in love with the body style. Before then, my favorite car was a Dodge Viper (lolz), so it marked kind of a fundamental change in the types of cars I like. So, for a while, I was everything WRC, reading, watching, etc. Long story short, my RS represents my love for Rally Racing at precisely the moment I got into it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your question made me think too.. lol..

99 RS Coupe, full subframes 06 WRX swapped(originally), FP Blue, Koni suspension, Iwire harness, etc..

Waiting on respray and getting built motor, full PPG 5mt, Dom 3.5 XTR, flex fuel kit, etc..

An Audi RS6 wagon, would be the direction I would go.
Maybe a Porsche Panamera..

I would have to sell more of my Subaru's, then I would like..

04 STI swapped, FMIC, bigger turbo, and ADF lifted Baja..

My 05 FXT Auto. Turbo Baja 4eat(sport shifter and TCU), LGT column mounted paddle shifters, STI control and and laterals, Koni suspension, TiC built long block, FP Blue, etc..

And my newest entry.. 97 Impreza, manual coupe..

The one I would Never sell, for any other car..
My JDM STI Forester swapped, Sport..

All the good stuff! It's my Glove!

A 04 FXT and 10 FXT, aren't pictured but they can go, too! Lol..
I like a FXT!

Dang, a nice and big subaru collection. Where do you find time to drive all of those? I'm barely putting 100 miles a month on mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As silly as this sounds, I don't think I would sell it for any car. Maybe, just maybe, I'd need to think about it if you offered me a production Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 or maybe a left-hand drive mid-90s Celica GT-four. Maybe a Ford RS2000?

I love my RS, and I am attached to it not only because it was my second car, but because it represents when I became a fan of Rally Racing in the first place. I always loved cars and racing, from watching Nascar in my early years, to racing 4-wheelers and go-karts myself, to the racing-based video games I played. I actually first discovered rally racing through Gran Turismo, then the WRC accidentally through SPEED channel. At that time, I decided to root for Richard Burns, who was on the the last year of the GC platform, and I absolutely fell in love with the body style. Before then, my favorite car was a Dodge Viper (lolz), so it marked kind of a fundamental change in the types of cars I like. So, for a while, I was everything WRC, reading, watching, etc. Long story short, my RS represents my love for Rally Racing at precisely the moment I got into it.
I'm with you on the attachment. This is my 3rd rs and every time I sell I always come back. But with the prices they are at now, If I ever do sell mine this would be the last one. Which is pretty hard to think about.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dang, a nice and big subaru collection. Where do you find time to drive all of those? I'm barely putting 100 miles a month on mine.
Thank you, sir!
Technically, the RS was parked, last fall and the motor pulled.
I needed the engine accessories for the silver FXT, for a winter car..
Used the long block in my 10 FXT(which my ex wife fell in love with and now has)

So I sold her 08, to replace some of the money.

The STI Forester has been down since spring/early summer. 80k miles on built motor. Was replacing the timing belt kit and the threads on the block came out, on the lower pulley bolt..

I drive a lot..
I bought the silver FXT, stock, with 114k.. in mid 15.. it's 192k, now..
Since mid 18 or 19, the STI Forester has 36-40k put on it..
Etc, etc, etc...

About 20k or so, a year, gets split between what I'm driving and what I'm working on. (And I like to tinker, so something is always in the garage, just for fun. Lol)

Subaru's are a hobby for me. So I just enjoy wrenching.

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,701 Posts
Yeah, nice collection @winnerone23. Glad that H6 coupe went to a good home. I was hoping to drive it before it left town, to see if I wanted to swap one myself. Cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, nice collection @winnerone23. Glad that H6 coupe went to a good home. I was hoping to drive it before it left town, to see if I wanted to swap one myself. Cheers
Thank you sir!
You wouldn't of gotten much feel for it. It runs and drives but nothing in a spirited way. Clutch slips the instant you try to give it any throttle.
I'll post up a thread, on it. As I progress.

Now, to post the Baja, for sale. Is that OK, to post in the, for sale section?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From the list of cars I'm seeing... are all of you guys going to be kept forever? Bc if it takes a r34, air cooled 911, or an e30 m3 (which all of those cars are over 100k now) to have them pry their hands from your rs, you are basically keeping it till the day you die. Lol

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
948 Posts
IF I had an RS, I'd swap it for an L. Moonroof and power windows are just dead weight. My SVX already weighs a ton, might as well have the comfort features there, and keep the Impreza as light and nimble as possible. I guess that's a little contradictory to an H6 swap though.

As far as non-Subarus go, I'm really fond of the old BMW 850's. V12 manual coupe, yes please.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts