Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5 rs, rally blue
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 00 2.5 and all i have done to it is all the suspension, light weight pulley, intake, and exhaust. what else can i do to make it go alittle bit quicker not using turbo just little up grades until my swap. please give me some ideas. thanks!!!!

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Cams or I-speed ECU Reflash will yield the highest (practical) gains for our motors.

Check out the N/A tuning section of the forums. This question is asked about once a week. You'll find tons of answers there.

·
Katy Perry
2001 Outback Sport-Turbo
3,671 Posts
If you are going to swap dont spend money on the motor anymore. I doubt you have done ALL the suspension you can. Get bigger brakes and get some good tires.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Cams or I-speed ECU Reflash will yield the highest (practical) gains for our motors.

Check out the N/A tuning section of the forums. This question is asked about once a week. You'll find tons of answers there.
+1.. thats the only way. to go to the next level.

are you catless?

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
If you are going to swap dont spend money on the motor anymore. I doubt you have done ALL the suspension you can. Get bigger brakes and get some good tires.
thats a good suggestion too.

a cheap nice upgrade are... WRX front brakes and SS lines.
made a huge improvement on braking on my car. i loved it.

·
Registered
00 2.5 rs, rally blue
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i am not catless still got to take those damn emissions. i had headers on it but it is just too loud and dont want a ticket for it.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Here's a list of what I'm in the process of doing to my '99 RS. Might be useful info for you.

Exedy LW flywheel
Exedy sport clutch
Delta 2000 grind cams
3 angle valve job
Stromung Type XA axle-back exhaust
Cobb Tuning Cold Air Intake
Cobb Equal Length Headers
Magnaflow 2.5” High Flow Cat
Stroumung mid-pipe with flex pipe and turbo-tube welded in

I'm getting an Ispeed USA SRS-30 ECU reflash later down the road.

All said and done, it should be able to hang with stock WRX's. People underestimate the N/A subies. Not blazingly fast, but very fun.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
I say stock WRX is reasonable with that. Most people only run like a 14.3 in a stock WRX. I ran a 15.0 with just headers on my car.

I now have Delta 2000 cams and LOVE IT! Would love an SRS-30 reflash but its real expensive...

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Given that the GC/GM chassis is lighter than the WRX to start with and has shorter gearing, you don't need as much power.

You can effectively get the same power to weight ratio as a WRX with a properly modded N/A 2.5L and have a sweet smooth powerband.

Plus, throw some weight shaving into the balance (I may remove my AC and ABS along with other stuff along the way) and you improve the power:weight ratio even more.

I can't wait to drive it once it's done.

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
Given that the GC/GM chassis is lighter than the WRX to start with and has shorter gearing, you don't need as much power.

You can effectively get the same power to weight ratio as a WRX with a properly modded N/A 2.5L and have a sweet smooth powerband.

Plus, throw some weight shaving into the balance (I may remove my AC and ABS along with other stuff along the way) and you improve the power:weight ratio even more.

I can't wait to drive it once it's done.
I cant wait to hear from you once its done!!! Me Like! :mamoru:

·
Registered
00 2.5 rs, rally blue
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice nice you guys are a good help so far.

·
Registered
07 sti/ 00 RS
749 Posts
show me a stock WRX that goes to the track...

like some one stated if you are gonna swap, save the money

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not exactly an Impreza, but...

On my old XT (yes, the wedge on wheels XT), I found that porting and polishing the heads, coupled with a Delta Cam regrind did wonders for the performance of the vehicle. My current OBW has the following installed: CAI using the factory air box and a TrueFlow filter; Borla headers, Stromung track pipe, a Fujitsubo muffler, and an STi short shifter - it runs very well. I just had a tune up (NGK plugs and wires, new coil pack) and have an underdrive pulley waiting to be installed (I'm having it put on when I get my timing belt and water pump replaced next week). It's surprising how well the EJ25 responds to modification, and even if the car doesn't gain a lot of HP, it certainly becomes more responsive and more fun to drive (I also have no desire to take my OBW to the track, although I hear they can make fine auto-x cars).

·
Registered
99 RS WRB/SOLD
67 Posts
Best upgrade I did that was cheap and easy was the light wieght fly wheel and crank pulley. Looking in to cams but still researching becouse of NYS emmisions cant afford to run CEL

1 - 20 of 44 Posts