Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am going to be replacing my rear subframe and want to know what all can be replaced/upgraded in terms of bushings. I assume any 02-07 wrx will fit my 00rs.

heres what i figure, lateral link bushings, rear differential mount bushings, then lockdown bolts? and

lateral link bushings OAKOS Automotive - STi & WRX Performance Parts: Whiteline Rear Control Arm Bushings Kit (8 Pieces), '02-'07 WRX & '04-'07 STi

now heres where i am confused what do i need for the subframe and differential mounts along the subframe?

OAKOS Automotive - STi & WRX Performance Parts: Kartboy Rear Differential Bushings

OAKOS Automotive - STi & WRX Performance Parts: Perrin Rear Diff / Subframe Lockdown System, '02-'07 WRX & '04-'07 STi (Save $5!!)

OAKOS Automotive - STi & WRX Performance Parts: Whiteline Rear Diff Outrigger Bushings, '02-'07 WRX & '04-'07 STi

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
Call Oakos if you going to order from them... very knowledgeable

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
In a stock GC/GM/GF subframe you can replace the rear differential mounting bushings with Group N or a Whiteline bushing The Karboy and Whiteline bushings you have listed are NOT in the rear subframe but in the differential outrigger carrier.

You can also replace the subframe to body bushings with Group N bushings.

I switched to a GD rear subframe so I could use their style of rear differential bushing. I have a subframe from an 05 STI which eliminates the bushings inbetween the subframe and body.

The other change with the GD subframe is that the exhaust hanger is in a different location (for GD exhausts). This won't affect much if you want to use a GC exhaust.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Check out RSD and they are real time help, GC rear subframe/rear diff is not same as GD. Install this Beatrush rear diff has much better result than replace bushings IMO since it locks down the diff and subframe. Add subframe lock bolts $30 and you're done.

Bushings at RallySportDirect.com

As you can see here GC rear subframe

Compares to GD rear subframe support bar. There's another piece between subframe and rear diff (can see on left side of pic)

DIY - Outriggers.

Kartboy Rear Diff / Cross-Member bushings

Outrigger diff bushings GC/GD are same.

·
Registered
2000 RS
686 Posts
Be advised that replacing bushings will give u more noises/humming inside the car. Dont ask me how I know :(

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
I've actually got the whole rear setup on my car (outrigger bushings, lockdown bolts, and beatrush brace) and it is surprisingly not very noticeable...anymore.

When I first installed the outriggers and lockdown bolts (same day) it was just a bit noticeable. When the RPMs were low and you were lugging the engine though, THEN it was loud as crap. Normally though, I really can't even hear anything from the rear end.

I just installed the Beatrush brace the other day, and it added no noticeable extra noise.

Furthermore, after having these things back there for so long, I don't really even hear anything anymore. Aside from once in awhile when I lug the engine a bit too much, I don't hear anything.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Beside noise added, how's handling performance/rear diff movement/jerking after Beatrush brace installation?

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
The jerking is the same unfortunately. Handling isn't really affected by the brace from what I can tell, but power delivery feels overall just smoother and more direct. Going over bumps, I don't hear as much complaining coming from the rear of the car either.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Beatrush brace worth the $$$ than bushings IMO. This is what I'm looking for "power delivery feels overall just smoother and more direct." Bushings just add more noise.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i went and bought the super pro spf2664k differential carrier bearing, took a bit of digging to find the right part and the difference between the gcgd subframes. as far as noise goes im not worried about it this car is loud and being stripped/gutted for rally. i plan on trying the
DIY subframe bolts, and i already bought turn in concepts lateral link bushings, prothane trailing arm bushings etc. out rigger bushings will follow, and i will just work my way forward until i have all through the transmission front/ mid crossmembers engine mounts steering rack bushings and so on.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
next question is, does anyone make greasable sway bar mounts? or could a drill and tap the oem bushing bracket and drill the bushing then thread in a zert fitting to grease?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts