Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
L On Roids.
98L 2.2
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, got a question both for my friend and I.

He just got STi brembos put in on his RS, and I just got his WRX 4pots that he had on the car before the STi brembos. And we was wondering if we go with dot 4 brake fluid after we bleed the brakes, or go with dot 3.

Please help us out, as we're swapping both our brakes saturdayl

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
DOT 4, I'd say. I put DOT 4 in my RS, and it's got stock calipers. I went with Valvoline.

You'll get a million answers on brand, but I think that DOT 4 is the best for a "performance street" setup. Much better than DOT 3, but you don't want DOT 5 on a non-race car.

·
L On Roids.
98L 2.2
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you. We thought so with the dot 4 too, but we just wanted to double check. I will wait to see other answers just to make sure.

·
L On Roids.
98L 2.2
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good. Thanks for the help you guys, just looked up the Valvoline synpower and it says dot 3 and dot 4 specs. Lock it up if you wish.

·
L On Roids.
98L 2.2
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh ok. I'll be lookin out for the ones you named then. I don't want to ask the guys at the auto parts store in our location cause they don't know anything -_-.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
ATE Super Blue or Gold. The nice thing about this fluid (besides being high performance) is you alternate the color. That way when flushing the system, when the color changes from the old to the new... Bingo! You have completely flushed the old. They are exactly the same, just different colors.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
I used valv in my brembos...its cheap and works great... buy a few bottles and use one to flush the system!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts