Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, still trying to figure out this whole Subaru thing. I'm having a hard time actually searching what these are so I hope these pictures can elaborate. I opened up the center panel to figure out why my lighter socket didn't work, and I went under the dash to figure out if I still have the OEM keyless entry system, but it appears I don't so I might opt for a Viper 211H as mentioned in this thread because it's cheaper than buying an OEM fob+control unit: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f72/t179212-keyless-entry-solution-50-00-a.html

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1) Off-White + Black 1/2-pin connectors behind Climate Control
2) Wire with loop at end behind Climate Control
3) Adjuster on headlight/signal stalk, what does it adjust?
4) The 2-pin behind the ashtray, and where does the lighter supposed to connect to? I couldn't find a clip or harness in the dash.
5) Connectors near fusebox under driver dash.
6) Connector alongside the OBD2 reader output harness.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
Hey guys, still trying to figure out this whole Subaru thing. I'm having a hard time actually searching what these are so I hope these pictures can elaborate. I opened up the center panel to figure out why my lighter socket didn't work, and I went under the dash to figure out if I still have the OEM keyless entry system, but it appears I don't so I might opt for a Viper 211H as mentioned in this thread because it's cheaper than buying an OEM fob+control unit: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f72/t179212-keyless-entry-solution-50-00-a.html

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1) Off-White + Black 1/2-pin connectors behind Climate Control
Looks like the ground for the stereo, clips onto the stereo cage
2) Wire with loop at end behind Climate Control
hooks to that white tab you see in the background of the pic, you have a manual climate control so when you turn the knobs it pushes/pulls that cable
3) Adjuster on headlight/signal stalk, what does it adjust?
Adjusts the brightness of your dash lights
4) The 2-pin behind the ashtray, and where does the lighter supposed to connect to? I couldn't find a clip or harness in the dash.
Plugs in near the stereo harness, its for the light for you ash tray. as for the cig lighter, yours looks broken
5) Connectors near fusebox under driver dash.
Test connectors, leave them unplugged
6) Connector alongside the OBD2 reader output harness.
another test connector, it stays unplugged

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ended up pulling the black and white connector that i listed as #1 into the cigarette lighter socket. Black on the ground and the yellow/red on the middle of the socket im assuming thats power. Now it works and i can charge my cellphone and use my soldering iron inside the car so thats a good sign, but i noticed my defogger switch illuminated for a second, should i be worried?

edit: used this link as reference:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t174354-diy-cigarettes-lighter-ring-light-up.html

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Joshua
Thanks for the quick reply and clear answers! :D
Hmm, my dash lights don't seem to be adjusting, i'll look more into that im sure there's threads about that. I really appreciate the clarity, now it'll be easier to search for help.!

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can't seem to figure out where the harness for the factory keyless entry is. Does it look like this? (found photo online, using as example)
I can't find anything similar. Behind the dash, where would the OEM unit be located?

edit: I'm guessing one of the owners before me upgraded to aftermarket and then another owner ripped that one out. How would I go about wiring up a new keyless entry harness...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts