Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they really going for, both new and used? I know the retail figures, and have been shopping the very thin, non-existant used market out there(that is what happens when you are looking for a 00-01 sedan). But what are they really selling for?. What are dealers getting for them retail?.

This is a question for all owners, what did you pay for your RS, new or used?, and when?, that is what model year?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I paid 20,000 for my silver 2000 RS coupe. But that was 2 years ago. Have you checked I-club private classifieds? Try Auto Trader also.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i've heard new one's have gone down in price a bit. but i also know used one's have retained their value better. expect a used 98 to go for 13k. and add like 2k for every year after. That's a real rough figure from what i've seen being sold on line.

Robert

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Billy Baru,

I have tried searching both, have found very little available in the Cincinnati area. Your price seems right on track for a new one in 2000, but there are used ones that the seller is asking almost as much.

I will just have to keep shopping.

thanks,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rbehny,

Your averages work out pretty well with what I have seen for sale online. I just hate to pay that much for a used vehicle, especially when I would want to do a bunch of modifications.

thanks,

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
I know how you feel

Man, I am in the same boat as you. I am looking for a used 2000-2001 anywhere near me, or in fact, any where in the country. There are few and far between, and they all want like 16500-17500 for a car with 24000 miles and up. I am like, I can buy a new one for around 18000.(I think). I wish they would drop in value around 15k or less. Maybe next year when they come off their 3 year leases there might be some good ones for a good price. If anyone is selling their 2000-2001 2.5rs, preferably a sedan(yeah, laugh at me. Wanting one of those rare sedans) in white or PRB send me an e-mail at [email protected]. I live in New jersey about 5 mins away from philly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xtorted-legacy

man you don't know how lucky you are. how about silverthorne? check auto trader, there is a sedan listed in the nj area with like 14k miles and they are asking like $15900. i would jump on it if it was as clean as i can only hope it is. i ran the vin on carfax and it didn't show any red flags.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xtorted-legacy,

Sorry, just checked auto trader again and the listing for the RS in NJ is gone, sold I would have to assume...

In case you want to call and check though, here is the dealership and # Acura of Denville, 973-361-2626.

Hope it is still there, good luck shopping,

·
Registered
137 Posts
The GC8's retain their value really well. Why, maybe because they're rare, there weren't a whole lot of them made, and they're great cars for the price.

When you own one, it's great news. If you're shopping for one, well then it's stinks. But if you think GC8's are expensive used, shop around for a 98 Integra type R, they're usually as expensive as they were brand new.

Good luck shopping. The key will be to find an owner out there who doesn't know what they have. But there are less and less of those around.

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
thanks

Yeah, i been lookin for awhile now. I really want white tho. I guess i will just have to save more for one. O well. Keep an eye out for me. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NC2.5RS

How many miles are on it? I think I called the guy repeatedly but he never got back to me, that is if it is either a blue coupe, or a silver sedan.

I wish other sellers would be asking a reasonable price for them locally.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a white 2001 RS Sedan w/ 17k miles in Orlando, FL for 17,994 from the dealer few month ago (in Apr I think)... looking back on it... I think I might have paid a little more than some other people... but the car is EXCELENT shape... and if I had it all to do over again I would.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts