Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza RS BRP
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to buy new fog light bulbs i need some opinions because mines area dead. i want good ones that are bright and best bang for the buck

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
If you want to go the super cheap route, I picked up a set of Nokya hyper yellow bulbs for $18 dollars from ebay.

I went with a yellow color and so far have been very pleased with the price/performance.

They light up signs much better than my old bulbs which were the basic sylvania ones.

·
Registered
05 OBP STi
427 Posts
i love my osram 50+ bulbs, fan-freakin-tastic. i have em in both headlights and fogs. get em from candlepower.com

·
Registered
2000 stm coupe Impreza 2.5rs
117 Posts
If you are using your fogs for their original purpose... fog or bad weather go with a yellow tint, helps alot especially in the snow. I like my Hella yellowstars, you get yellow light without tinting the actual lamp. If you are using them more as driving lights the osram 50+ are awesome...thats what i have in my headlights.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Philips Blue Vision

Order from these guys, they're fantastic. I think they might still have the promotion for free MATCHING Blue Vision corner bulbs, so your beamz match up all proper like. Free shipping last time I checked.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/
do those light up in blue? i heard blue sucks in foggy weather.

·
I <3 JDM
GC8 + GF + GG
5,166 Posts
Osram NightBreakers.

I could just shut off my headlights and still be fine.

It happened to me once,

i wired the fogs to my corner lights on the wagon. One night i drove to NYC and the whole time without knowing it, I was only driving only with my Fogs. I found out when i parked for a moment. Osram nightbreakers = freaking bright. it says 90% brighter than regular.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Thanks Siper... I was snoozing at work! :blol:

Gentleman save your money, do not buy any high performance bulbs from Asia! They are over rated (and the "55W = 85W" output is a joke!) and over priced! The Chinese bulbs? You might as well light your dollars on fire ~ it's more entertaining!

Stay away from U.S. Silverstars too, they are NOT the same bulb as the ones sold in Europe under the same banner ~

Buy bulbs made in Europe only, where they have been making high performance Halogen bulbs since the late 60's! History does count for something, quality and longevity! :clap:

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
everyone gives good reviews to the nightbreakers. i have no experience but would like to try them out or see them in person one day

if you are going yellow route:

personally, i have the nokya hyper yellows as well and really like how yellow they are. ive tried the luminics yellows and they are ok but not as yellow and a little dull compared to the nokyas. ive also had the hellas that was mentioned and when you look at the fog, it has a small yellow tint to it but looks pretty much white from most angles but it lights the road up brightly, just wasnt yellow enough for me but i would say they are brighter than the nokyas.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i seen some nokya bulbs there pretty good stuff, does anyone have pics of nightbreakers at nite?

·
Registered
'06 LGT SWP
347 Posts
Osram NightBreakers.

I could just shut off my headlights and still be fine.

It happened to me once,

i wired the fogs to my corner lights on the wagon. One night i drove to NYC and the whole time without knowing it, I was only driving only with my Fogs. I found out when i parked for a moment. Osram nightbreakers = freaking bright. it says 90% brighter than regular.
Off Topic, but how did tou wire up your fogs to the corner lights?? I want to do it also!!

Back on topic, I'm running PIAA H3 Plasma Ion!! Cant beat them!! great in all weather, and also bright!! Ill never go back to blue fogs, they suck in rainy condition and snow, up here in Canada!!

·
Registered
04 Mini Cooper S
467 Posts
Hey im not meaning to thead hijack but i was wondering if anyone ever found bulbs so that your corners match your headlights in brightness. I saw an old thread about this and didnt know if anyone knows of any others. I have yellow nokya foglight bulbs and love them but hate how dim my corners are. Thanks

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
selective yellow from Danial Stern lighting!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts