Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Vote for Aggressive Street Brake Pads you've USED (Like/Dislike)

• Total voters
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2006 2.5i San Remo Red SC
1,214 Posts
Duralast Ceramic Golds on now. On slotted rotors. Reminds me of the Hawks HPS

·
Registered
98 2.5 RS Race // 08 STi Track
4 Posts
Hawk DTC 60 FTW - please add to the list

I've tried many pads over the 4 years I've been tracking my 2008 STi - PFC 01, PFC 10, Ferodo DS3000, Porterfield R4S, Carbotech XP24, Hawk DTC 70's, and the winner by a mile are the Hawk DTC 60's.

In over 50 track days with my STi, with an average of 100 minutes on the track per day, no other pad has the stopping power and total lack of fading of the DTC 60's. The DTC 70's have marginally more stopping power under hard braking over the DTC 60's, but they wear out MUCH faster and cause significantly more rotor wear.

Note, my STi has factory Brembo's, and I use DBA 5000 2-piece rotors. Total weight with me in the car is 3575 with 3/4 of a tank of gas. This is on Toyo R888's with a ton of suspension mods and custom Bilstein dampers.

I also track my 2011 Mustang GT using DBA 5000's and have found the DTC 60's to be the best option on the market. BTW, 2011 - 2014 Mustang GT's with the Brembo brakes use the exact same pad as 2008+ STi's!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perfect topic. but I want to add that brake pad bedding is important to understand if exact pad compound works perfect or not. Better to make this procedure each time each pad compound with clear rotor surface(remove old bedding if needed).
Each producer offers exact steps to make this right .

·
Registered
1998 RS, RBP
106 Posts
for daily & track use with no regret except the price Ferodo DS2500 the best all around brake pads when you need a "One pad for everything use"

81 - 86 of 86 Posts