Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed that my right headlight keeps cutting out randomly while driving. Do you guys think it is a wiring problem or just a bad bulb? I am hoping it is just a bad bulb, but my car is only a 2000. I would like to replace all of the lights on the front of my car with some cool blues or something like that if the bulb is bad. Especially the clear corners since they are a nasty yellowish white. Anybody know any good bulbs?? Let me know what you think. Thanks

Scott

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
In my limited experience I would think it's a connector or such and not a bulb. So if you notice if it goes out over bumps or when the car is not in steady forword motion. Check all the connections and make sure no bare wires are exposed and everything is plugged in. I have had Tucan Xenon bulbs in my car for three years and never a burnout or discoloration.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I had some Hella H4's in my headlights,a nd one of them would cut in and out. Sometimes, I'd start the car, and only one would be on. So I'd get out and hit the headlight, and it would come back on. It eventually just went out. Finally, I got some new bulbs, and when I pulled the problem one out, the filiment was broken. My guess is that is was mostly broken, but still had enough contact to work sometimes. Anyways, get some good WHITE bulbs, and check out the one giving you a problem. My bet, it's statring to break, like mine. But, please, no blue bulbs, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
HondaH8er said:
get some good WHITE bulbs......please, no blue bulbs, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

AMEN to that brother!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys, I messed with the connection and it did seem a little loose, so I will see how it goes. And as for the Blues, I didnt mean blue lights, I meant some of those superwhites that have a slight tint in them. But they seem to be working now I would never put blue lights on my car, I think id rather kick myself in the junk first. But I do need to replace the lights in my clear corners cause they are ugly as sin. I need some bright white bulbs for those. Anybody know what size those are, or a good bulb? thanks again

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I think that light is a H-99e or H99. If my info is right the Piaa part number for the better ones is, 19169 for a set of 2. I have seen these lights and it will make the corners look as bright as the head lights.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Info, I really appreciate it. I looked at PIAA.com and they look really sweet. Is that where you bought them from, and do you remember how much they cost cause they dont have a price listed. I am a poor college student looking for the best deal... .or just more beer money :biggest:

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts