Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was being an idiot and on slick pavement (it was foggy/wet) and ran into a curb, and bent my front axle on the passenger side. Not really sure how much it is going to cost to get it fixed, but I'd imagine it can't be good. :bonk:

Scraped the crap outta my rim, but didn't really bend it as far as I could tell. Definately need a new front fender and sideskirt.

Was kinda funny, I was talking to the towing guy and he was telling me how few Subaru he has to tow (he said the cars he tows most are Geo, then Cavaliers and in third Dodge Trucks) I thought it was kinda funny.

Anyhow I was wondering if anyone else had done similar damage or knew what the deal was with insurance... I have a pretty high deductable ($1000) but I'm sure I'll end up reporting it anyway, Seems like alot of damage. Can't you take the money and buy aftermarket parts etc once the insurance company quotes you how much money you can get? (I know some OEM peices are pretty damn expensive sometimes)

Maybe I'll try to get some pictures up of it... feeling pretty bad about it at the moment. Worst part is I am stuck riding in my roommates WRX :sosad:

·
Registered
613 Posts
gonna have to bite the bullet on this one.
thank god for insurance. thank god you didn't pop an air bag or two or a headlight. the right combo of these and you get totaled. it might not be so bad
but i bet it is over the 1000. hope not! good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I messed up too

Last Night, on Nov 21, at 10:30 pm, I got into a car accident. Ahaaa.. boy was i stupid. I was goign a bit too fast in a 20 zone, and i lost contorl of my car after a freakin Possum jumoed out in front of me.Well, sad to say my RS is gone, and i am pretty pissed at myself. The car is totaled. The thing is, the girl that sold me insurance asked me out, and i got it my insurance on the 20th, and the accident happened the next day. I had to call her up and tell her what a dumbass i was. well, and i wrecked my car and a bit of my pride. my deductible is also 1000, so its gonna hurt a bit in my wallet. i'll post some pics of the car soon. the weird thing is that the cops looked at the car and looked at me and said it was amazing i walked away from that mess without a scratch. Guys, all i got to say is that possums suck, and be careful out there. all the hassle of almost getting killed aint worth it for a few minutes of fun.... it aint worth nothing. i'll post my poor baby's (my RS) pics after the accident.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
Yo Kotir, damn man i feel your pain.. i did the exact same thing u did bout 3 months ago. I was driving home one rainy day in seattle and i went around a turn to fast, slid and smashed my car into a curb.. Man did that suck. Cracked both rims, sideskirt, and all kinds of shit underneath the car. My tire was rubbing the BACK of the wheel well. Also my quarter panel got pushed back and was cracked. Man that shit ain't cheap, i think it ran bout 5000 bucks. Good thing my deductible is only 250 dollars hehehe i doged a bullet big tyme. Anyway good luck with the car

post some pics

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i did a similar number on my 98. only the passeger rear is what hit the curb cause i was playing with the E brake. cost the insurance company 1400 bucks. rim, strut, trailing arm, body work, and some other stuff i can't remember all got replaced. sorry to hear about your subie though, and good luck.

-brian

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just found out that my parents had my deductable at $2500, so yeah I'm screwed. They did it to keep my insurance costs down, but now I'm going to pay for it.

Oh well I'll try to keep laughing so I don't cry... :lol: :sosad:

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
I did the same thing in a parking lot at my work one day when I was going to lunch and it was snowing. I tried to be cool and I had bald tires so I just slid right into the curb. The impact pused my wheel back so it didn't move, bent the fender, I know I needed a new front sway bar, rim and tire, and some other shit. It cost about $3000. Luckily my deductible was only $500.-Good Luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts