Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
AW MY99 Impreza RS
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home one day, I hit a pretty big bump and all my speakers shuts off, but the display is still on and the cd still spins.

Now, I turn off my system for 10 min and turn it back on, everything will work fine for 10-20 seconds, then no sound, but display still runs and the time counter still runs when I'm listening to a cd.

Other facts:
The sound system was in the car when I bought it so I don't know much about it, all I know was the amp was screwed to the back of the subwoofer. Later when I was looking at the wires, it turned out the sub wasnt even plugged into the amp, so I took out the sub and relocated the amp to under the passenger seat. It's be 4 months since I did that. Previous owner said he upgraded all the speakers in the car.

Any idea what's wrong?

·
Registered
2001,subaru,impreza 2.5 rs RBP
1,813 Posts
I say since you really dont know WTF kinda of work has gone into it I would take it all out and start over. If you need absolutly ANY help or need andy parts for car audio lmk and ill hook you up. I just hate to see sound systems go to shit in a car, ask anyone who knows me.

Jesse

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree, just redo it yourself. You will feel more confident that its done right. I replaced all mine immediately and soldered all my connections so I wouldnt have to worry about it.

Sound systems should never go to shit in a car, I agree, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts