Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
AW MY99 Impreza RS
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home one day, I hit a pretty big bump and all my speakers shuts off, but the display is still on and the cd still spins.

Now, I turn off my system for 10 min and turn it back on, everything will work fine for 10-20 seconds, then no sound, but display still runs and the time counter still runs when I'm listening to a cd.

Other facts:
The sound system was in the car when I bought it so I don't know much about it, all I know was the amp was screwed to the back of the subwoofer. Later when I was looking at the wires, it turned out the sub wasnt even plugged into the amp, so I took out the sub and relocated the amp to under the passenger seat. It's be 4 months since I did that. Previous owner said he upgraded all the speakers in the car.

Any idea what's wrong?

·
Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,165 Posts
^^ +1 look back there for a loose ground, and if the ground is loose, you should find another source for the ground, meaning the actual body (if it already isnt done). The stock harness ground wire usually isnt good enough for aftermarket cd players and it will cut out.

·
Registered
2001,subaru,impreza 2.5 rs RBP
1,813 Posts
I say since you really dont know WTF kinda of work has gone into it I would take it all out and start over. If you need absolutly ANY help or need andy parts for car audio lmk and ill hook you up. I just hate to see sound systems go to shit in a car, ask anyone who knows me.

Jesse

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree, just redo it yourself. You will feel more confident that its done right. I replaced all mine immediately and soldered all my connections so I wouldnt have to worry about it.

Sound systems should never go to shit in a car, I agree, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts