Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
MY02 White TS
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just put in a Ganzflow, and I've been monitoring the IAT readings using Scangauge.

Anyways, I don't know if I'm seeing a drop in IAT temperature. But what is weird is that say in idle, IAT reads 50 degrees (Celsius), the IAT will drop by about 5-10 degrees under hard acceleration, but once I hit cruising speed, it goes to like 55 for a second, and then drops back down to 50 degrees.

So it seems as if I'm not getting any code air when cruising. That and the weird spike when I hit cruising speed.

Any idea why it's doing this?

Thank you :)

· 13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
6,004 Posts
I've set up stuff to monitor air temps under the hood and in the fender before, and there really isn't much difference between the two when the car is moving. When stopped, the under hood temp gets hotter than in the fender, but once you get moving, they are almost identical. As for why you are seeing temps that high (20 c = 122 F), it's probably because the temperature sensor is in the intake manifold, which get's quite hot from heat from the heads. That's the reason why a CAI doesn't make a lot of difference, that cold air gets cooked in the manifold anyways. If you want the most out of your intake, get some cometic manifold gaskets, they will keep the manifold much cooler.

· 13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
6,004 Posts
What about the spike when I just hit cruising speed?

how much cooler will those cometic gasket cool the air?
Don't know where that spike came from, just some hotter air mixing around to the sensor, maybe. As for the gaskets, I don't have them, so I can't give any numbers, but I've heard other people say it makes the manifold go from very hot (feel it after you've been out driving) to being able to comfortably being able to keep your hand on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.