Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96LX-RIP. 98 Forester L
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So yesterday I found out my door lock switch wont unlock or lock my doors both passenger and driver side. :facepalm:
If I manually lock my doors and close them I can use my keyless remote to unlock the doors but im unable to lock them with the remote.
Today I got in my car after class and something was buzzing under the dash on the driver side.
I wiggled the whole door/window switch assembly and the buzzing stopped.
I turned my car on and the buzzing started again.
I moved the door lock switch in the unlock and lock position and the buzzing stopped. :run:
I noticed that everytime (IDKWHATTOCALLIT) is buzzing the door locks very slowly and its hard to manually unlock it, but when its not buzzing I can manually unlock it with no problem.

I attend school for diesel engine and trucks and Ive taken 3 elecrical classes already so I can say Im pretty good at elecrical but this has me confused.
So if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it alot.
I'll be outside with my multimeter and this wiring diagram.

·
Registered
96LX-RIP. 98 Forester L
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its freezing outside so all i did tonight was remove the panel on the driver side and look for where the buzzing was coming from but it only does it a few times randomly and goes away
I checked the connector on the switch and it was getting voltage
Now the car locks when I hit unlock on the switch and does nothing when I hit lock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.