Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 WRX(GC8)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 94 gc8 2.0L. recently i start noticing something weird while im doing a pull from 2nd gear all the way up to 5th.. i would start doing the pull around 4k rpm around 2nd gear.... and when i throw it in 3rd and still do the pull.. it would feel like as if it hits the speed governor... it happens around 4 or 5k rpm in 3rd gear... i would feel like a complete shut off/jerked and then split seconds later the speed would catch back up...and does the same thing in 4th gear as well.... anyone has any clue what im talking about?? i've never experienced this problem before... i just changed out my pcv valve and my spark plugs too... (pcv valve was clogged up) spark plugs were kind of black when i took them out (didn't do the gapping on the new plugs, just regular NKG laser platinum) any advice or help would be greatly appreciate...

·
Registered
1994 WRX(GC8)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump? update, i just changed out my fuel filter last night, feels like power is back a little bit, but still has the weird cut out when im doing pulls in 2nd gear.... anyone has any idea?? could it be electrical problem?

·
Registered
1994 WRX(GC8)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no it doesn't hesitate... the more i look into it.. it's actually a fuel cut out.... i took it to a subaru mechanic today.... and they said it was a bad wastegate..they said it's stuck closed... caz they hook it up to do a pressure test...and found out its stuck closed...which causes the pressure to build up and can't escape...which cuts the fuel off to the engine.. i mean is it true??? i mean this only happens when i WOT.. if i let smooth on the throttle.. it would go all the way up to redline completely fine in every gear... and if it was the gastegate.. my turbo would've been overboosted by now wouldn't it?? i dont know what else to look into.... i read on forums, some other people is having the similar problem, but no solutions.... any ideas??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.