Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any good ways to get the weight of my 2000 2.5 RS down? I've already taken out the spare tire/jack and floor mats. Anything else I can do?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
You could get a carbon fiber hood and/or carbon fiber trunk lid. Obviously could strip the inside and take out the back seats and such but that kinda destroys the car... You could take out the Air conditioning system... that saves some pounds but sucks when its hot out. just some thoughts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Behind the rear seat you can take out the plastic and carpeted divider out, it seperates the trunk and the back seat. Take out all the seats aside from the drivers.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
aluminum bumper beams and control arms. CF driveshaft. swap in the manual windows and locks from an L. thinner windows off a R/RA. ditch the A/C, cruise, etc. strip the interior. get some Prodrive CF rally seats. rebody in either FG or CF. you get the idea.

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
drive with a 1/4 tank of gas.

but does anyone know how much weight you would need to shave to drop .5 and 1 sec off your 1/4 mile time.

Anthony C

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Well, since SCC shaved a total of 2 seconds by extreme lightening, I'd say only go 25-50% as far as they did!
Bobalouy said:
drive with a 1/4 tank of gas.

but does anyone know how much weight you would need to shave to drop .5 and 1 sec off your 1/4 mile time.

Anthony C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts