Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys put your Subie on a diet? I want to do a weight reduction on my 00 2.5RS and looking forward in taking out about 200 pounds. What can i do to achieve my goal? I don't want to do anything to the interior or the A/C. I know the A/C weighs alot but i want to keep it. So what can i take out that is not needed to reach my 200 pound goal?

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
CF or aluminum hood and trunk, lightweight bumper beams, aluminum control arms, replace the spare tire/jack with a can of Fix-A-Flat, remove the weight from the glove box door, and I hear there is a wiegh in the front crossmember, too. Remove any sub/amps you have, remove the rear speakers, get a headunit that will only take up one DIN space in the dash (don't need a CD and a tape player, save that weight), empty change out of ashtray, only have registration/proof of insurance in glovebox, lighter steering wheel w/o airbag, remove foglights and put covers over the holes, remove the rear wing, keep the washer fluid resevour empty, lightweight battery.... Can't think of anything else right now, but that should get you a good bit of the way there!

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Your seats are heavy, so is the knee saver in the glovebox door. All that wiring and motors for the power windows, locks, etc...is heavy. Swap in L window cranks and associated hardware along with lighter carpet.

You can drop a good amount by going a little more spartan in your options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts