Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
01 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any 415 650 or bayarea member would like to have weekly rs meeting around san francisco, daly city or ssf? i know that westlake plaza is a good place to meet, lot of parking, food and beverage are available. and i been seeing too many GC6/GM6 around the area, so i guess it would be a good idea to have meetings from week to week, meeting new people, making new friends and share information. well....just a suggestion. it would be nice to get this going :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummmm...sounds like fun!! i can also gather up couple more RSs too...since i know couple of them in SF. but does this happen every wednesday though?
but i think having a meet for our classics are even better isn't it? haha.. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
99 RS
64 Posts
Yeah, you should come by tomorrow...I'll be there around 7:30ish. The meet tends to be a summer meet since it's starts get cold but do meet every wed.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
katmaxin said:
damn I have class from 5:30-10 M-Th AND I live in san jose. Meh
haha..that's why i suggesting a friday meet. just like norcal mr2 owner club does. cuz there must be someone can't attend the meet due to their job or school. but oh well....we'll see what happen :p

yea...i guess i will drop by tomorrow, since i'll be having my springs swap over at daly city. once we're done, we can just drop by.

·
Registered
99 RS
64 Posts
If you stop by tomorrow, just look for our cars in the parking lot. If we're not hanging out in the parking lot, we're probably eating at McDonald's or Eggettes.

btw...my name is Jeff and I drive the white RS.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey jeff...we got there around 1030, i guess all of u guys left already....
oh well....next week then i guess :p

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
I say you guys start up another meet. Maybe on the weekend nights in connection to some other meets around to make it interesting. I know MR2 meet up on saturday nights in westlake plaza and a lot of cars are always around. They've had that mean for a long time and havn't had problems. Theres also the parking lot out in front of ross by serramonte in daly city, where most of the street racers hang out, make bets, and go off to race afterwords. I'm not sure whatsup with that spot, I know a fight broke out a few months ago and more cops have been around but unsure.

·
Registered
99 RS
64 Posts
SubieRS said:
hey jeff...we got there around 1030, i guess all of u guys left already....
oh well....next week then i guess :p
It started getting cold so everyone left at 9:45ish. H and Derek brought out the RHD GC8 w/RA motor and some else brought out their swapped bugeye w/S202 motor (I think). I surprised that so many people showed up yesterday. Just come by next week.

We might crash the southbay meet at Duke's (also on Wed.) in a couple of weeks so might not be at eggettes on the 20th but that's very tentative.

btw you didn't roll by yesterday around 8, right? I saw a brp rs heading north while we were in the parking lot.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
jumpman said:
It started getting cold so everyone left at 9:45ish. H and Derek brought out the RHD GC8 w/RA motor and some else brought out their swapped bugeye w/S202 motor (I think). I surprised that so many people showed up yesterday. Just come by next week.

We might crash the southbay meet at Duke's (also on Wed.) in a couple of weeks so might not be at eggettes on the 20th but that's very tentative.

btw you didn't roll by yesterday around 8, right? I saw a brp rs heading north while we were in the parking lot.
i don't think that's me....cuz we were swapping springs around that time. and that's why we got there so late. oh well....u'll see us next time. but it would be better for us to starts another meet. just like what derek said. i think gc8 is a unique car, so we desserve to have our own meet. :D

here's how my car looks like

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'm lazy..any SF RS members wanna have a meet over here in SF? umm...let's say starbucks (across from ross)in serramonte? meet around 8pm or so? anyone up?

·
Registered
99 RS
64 Posts
SubieRS said:
i'm lazy..any SF RS members wanna have a meet over here in SF? umm...let's say starbucks (across from ross)in serramonte? meet around 8pm or so? anyone up?
Just roll by eggettes tonight...it's only 5 minutes away from serramonte.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts