Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running Yokohama AVID V4 there a all-season tire that works great durring the colorado winters out here but durring the hot dry summers i'm already on my secound set.

I drive hard alot and love playing in the moutains. the grip on them is ok but i have learned to live with it. my only problem is the i'm super poor becouse i go though the tires really fast.

i have a couple of questions.

1. I was told that the all-season blends are softer for colder weather and even though there tread weat 360 that they will wear faster then a summer blend lower tread wear rated tire. Is this true?

2. Can i run Falken Azenis as a daily driver tire or will i wear though them just as fast as the Yokohamas i have on there right now?

3. is anyone running the Azenis on there car as a daily driving tire? (I know they have great grip for auto-x but i have Kuhmo 'r' rated tires for that)

4. Sports Compact car says they love the Azenis is that becouse they get theres for free or becouse they are a good street tire.

thanks for your help?

:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been running my Azenis for about 10,000 miles now. My car is a daily driver and they are my only tires. Honestly, if you are running R compounds for Auto-X youd be better off with a different tire. The dry traction is incredible, but they are not a long lasting street tire, they werent designed to be. I think you'd be better off with someting like the Kuhmo 712 or maybe the new Kuhmo Ecsta MX. Kuhmo 712's have good dry traction, very good wet traction, and decent treadlife. Oh, and theyre cheap!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you had your alignment checked? Maybe someone had it set up for autocross? How many miles are you getting on the tires? I have the Pirelli P7000 summer tires, like 160 treadwear and I have had them on since spring and they look like new.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know why there trashed becouse i love to drive and put way too many miles on my car a day.

So what does everyone think of the Kuhmos. becouse i think if i'm going to have to buy tires in about the same time any ways i might as well have better grip.

i was talking to my dad about my current tires and he told me he was suprised they lasted as long as they did.

i guess i'm just looking for something with a bigger contact patch so i dont mess up the middle tread like i do the Avid V4s

·
Registered
25 Posts
FlooredSubaru -

I see you're in Westminster. Right on!

I'm in lakewood and loving my RS. Have you done any mods to yours?

Tim

·
Registered
43 Posts
I drive hard alot and love playing in the moutains.
Definitely part of the problem. The harder you drive, the faster you go through tires, plain and simple.

put way too many miles on my car a day.
How many miles? You'd have to put in a LOT of miles to wear out a tire in a couple of months or so.

i guess i'm just looking for something with a bigger contact patch so i dont mess up the middle tread like i do the Avid V4s
Not sure a wider tire will solve your problems. Generally speaking, if you're wearing the tread on the middle more than on the outside and inside, you are running way to high of tire pressures. Any idea what kind of pressures you're running.

I would suggest an alignment first. A $60 alignment could save your next set of tires. Also, keep a good eye on the pressures. I have about 3,000 on my azenis with a fairly conservative alignment, and they look fine. Their okay for a street tire, rather loud and stiff but god do they grip! Just don't try to drive on them in the snow!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts