Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's in agreement? I'm thinking maybe some fun dirt driving somewhere between SD and LA...of course a canyon run is always fun too. I'm open to pretty much anything as long as it's more than just my sorry ass there.

So, does anyone wanna have a little rs25.com meet anytime soon? If so, dirt or asphalt? Or should we just say fuck it to driving and get our drunk on at some sucker's...errr, member's house?

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
I vote or driving, possibly on Angeles Crest, if we could somehow guarantee that nobody goes overboard and hurts themselves. It's a nice stretch of road w/ a nice view too. Gotta avoid the traffic and the CHP though. Definitely not a weekend idea, not if we wanna go fast.

Dirt would be fun too, but my car's not set up for it. I need some skidplates first...

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
I think Sean will be interested on this one! I'll probly say asphalt but hen again El Mirage does sound very tempting!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I just want to go driving!!!!!! Anywhere!!!!! Just set a time and date and lets go. We can have a meet and decide from there where everyone wants to go. I will give you guys a day or so, if you haven't set a date then I will.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Is that enough notice for every one??? espiecaily concidering the 2 guys that started this thread aren't on line very often.

Either way I would go!!

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yeah, yeah, I know I'm not on very often...but I'm on now, so quit yer bitchin :D (BTW-nice work on that cage...i'll be visiting your shop for a similar job in a couple years)

I'm pretty flexible with dates, except for this weekend...how about something next weekend? El Mirage is sounding good to me (and it won't be so harsh on the people with more street oriented cars). I don't know where we could get our drunk on after that unless we just camp out there...

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The more I think about it, the better El Mirage sounds to me...With all that wide open area, we'll be able to slide around plenty (maybe even with Scott riding shotgun to give some pointers...hint, hint) and learn some good old fashioned car control. I figure we might as well leave the meet with improved skills.

Besides, there's a lot lower chance for disaster if we're in a dry lake bed and majorly screw shit up, than if we're on some crazy canyon road.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I'm up for el mirage, but if we make it acouple of weeks from now we can have afew more cars out there. Scott, Marvin and Rodney should have there cars back together with in the next couple of weeks. That way we will have 4 rally cars that people could ride in.

Maybe we can organize a local run sooner and do el mirage when everybody is ready.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Flakk, do you know of anything out your direction?? I feel like a change to cenory. Azuza is getting alittle old.

999 or Scotty, do you have any ideas. You guys are the only guys that I know of that haven't been to one of our meets or drives.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm up for a pre-meet before we go to Mirage. The only decent places around me that I can think of are the canyon roads going to and from PCH, angeles crest highway, and azusa. I'll happily go to either of the three or possibly something else that I haven't been to.

My one concern is the cops...If I get another ticket, I don't know if I'll be able to afford my car anymore.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
TMRRALLY said:
Flakk, do you know of anything out your direction?? I feel like a change to cenory. Azuza is getting alittle old.

999 or Scotty, do you have any ideas. You guys are the only guys that I know of that haven't been to one of our meets or drives.
Well there are few places that we can go to there is a 12 mile stretch! Big Tujunga Canyon Rd, hardly any cops very un-inhabited, you can either go up to Los Angeles Crest or end up in glendale, I will have to take a few Recon Laps to make sure this is a good spot I'll keep you guys posted?!(Sound good so-far?)

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
thebusiness999 said:
That sounds cool to me, but I can't do anything this weekend unless its dark
I think we are not planning on meeting this weekend then again who knows saturday night is cool with me! I still got to make my recon laps I might just cruise there tonight! hey anyone from the SFV area here that might be able to go tonight?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts