Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
Administrator
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Hey all,

As you may have noticed we're currently working through a bit of a backlog. But Let me see if I can address the elephant on the forum. Spam, is an issue, spam is a problem. I have recently (poked actually by @silverton 's conversation) checked in to hopefully ebb the flow of spam. Farbeit from me to claim it is fixed or cleaned, but I hope slowly chipping away at these has been felt/seen by some of y'all so we can work to restore some faith in us.

So... are the admins going to do something about the influx of spam? I shouldn't have to spend my time on this site reporting it..
Please don't stop reporting. Every business day I check in this site myself ~9 am to clear the spam and to clear out any reports not already addressed by the site volunteers.. Your reports are the best tool I have to help keep things as clean as possible. We're working on a few different approaches to tackle this, but these spam accounts are adapting as quickly as we are adjusting. I hope to have a resolution for this soon for y'all.

-Gerrit

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,255 Posts
How come all the vBulletin sites have their spam handled but all the VS ones don't? Your whole platform was on how much better and secure this is supposed to be and none of us wanted it, all we do is complain, and have left the site. Yet, you still tote this as being the latest and greatest when it has more faults than greatness.

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,604 Posts
Please don't stop reporting. Every business day I check in this site myself ~9 am to clear the spam...
With all due respect Gerrit, this is horseshit and you know it. Your reply is the first post by an admin in FOURTEEN days. We've been overwhelmed with spam for two weeks. There wasn't anyone checking in here daily to clear spam.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,714 Posts
Please don't stop reporting. Every business day I check in this site myself ~9 am to clear the spam and to clear out any reports not already addressed by the site volunteers.. Your reports are the best tool
If you actually came to the site every day I wouldn't have to report the spam in the first place. It is NOT my job to keep up on it; it's yours, or whomever is in place to do so.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
508 Posts
With all due respect Gerrit, this is horseshit and you know it. Your reply is the first post by an admin in FOURTEEN days. We've been overwhelmed with spam for two weeks. There wasn't anyone checking in here daily to clear spam.
I visit the site everyday and can corroborate this. The spam has been running unchecked.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,096 Posts
Hey all,

As you may have noticed we're currently working through a bit of a backlog. But Let me see if I can address the elephant on the forum. Spam, is an issue, spam is a problem. I have recently (poked actually by @silverton 's conversation) checked in to hopefully ebb the flow of spam. Farbeit from me to claim it is fixed or cleaned, but I hope slowly chipping away at these has been felt/seen by some of y'all so we can work to restore some faith in us.
Pretty sure that's impossible at this point. Your track record is trash, and there's been literally nothing you've done to fix it.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,207 Posts
I hope slowly chipping away at these has been felt/seen by some of y'all so we can work to restore some faith in us.
Too little too late. Give the site to the members who actually are here and respect it, gather yourselves up and go get fucked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,239 Posts
We need our edit freedom back. I still feel repressed. repressed silverton is unhelpful. I'm about to blanket reply to every new post with my signature.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,255 Posts
This must be their anthem:

'If I had a dick, I would pull it out and piss on 'em
Let me shake it off
I just signed a couple deals I might break you off
And we ain't making up I don't need a mediator
Just let them bums blow steam, radiator

Shitted on 'em,
Man I just shitted on 'em
Shitted on 'em,