Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
would it really make that much of a difference? What would it help with realistically, besides the claimed weight savings?

·
Registered
'01 BRP Coupe
2,799 Posts
Wow, that's ironic; I was talking to my parents over dinner last night about doing something like this for my EE senior design project.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"free from arcing, EMI, RFI and susceptibility to HPM weapons" I don't know about you, but getting to say that kind of stuff about your car would make you uber.

"High Powered Microwave (HMP) Weapons offer a significant capability against electronic equipment susceptible to damage by transient power surges. This weapon generates a very short, intense energy pulse producing a transient surge of thousands of volts that kills semiconductor devices. The conventional EMP and HMP weapons can disable non-shielded electronic devices including practically any modern electronic device within the effective range of the weapon."

I want to be able to walk away from that laughing.

Probability to happen? 1 in 5,000,000?
Having it thrown at you and you drive away laughing? Awesome.

I dunno, I think it would just make me feel like I was ahead of the game.

It's neat.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
Boys and girls, the military is already utilizing this technology. You just haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Is that the only part of the car that uses a semiconductor? I'm thinking that if some renegade badass has a crazy hpm (hpm, hmp, I dunno...) weapon, the wiring harness would be fine, but is there nothing else that would fail and kill the car? I'm not bashing by any means, I just don't know a damn thing about the electronics of our cars. Maybe I'll shut up and go read a book about it first. It is pretty James Bond-ish, so coolness factor gets a thumbs up.

Either way, good find. What do you think the price is? haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts