Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't get my exhaust manifold around my water pump's flange with the hose.
If I tighten the manifold it makes the pump leak. I've tried using a '02 pump,
completely different and won't fit. A Legacy one, exact same thing('94 Legacy GT). What
solution does everyone here have? My turbo has been sitting in the basement
for almost a month and a half now becaues of this stupid water pump situation.

By the way, I searched, can't find anything.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
WRX or even Legacy Turbo. If you're running your coolant lines to the turbo from somewhere else (such as the heater lines) you'll have to pull the fittings then tap and plug the extra ports, or just run coolant lines to the turbo from there.

The regular radiator hose fits...but is slightly malformed...nothing to worry about though.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need years of these cars, when I walk in to a car parts store they don't know what an ej22t or ej207 is. If Ej207 is a '02 WRX it didn't look like it would fit. As for the ej22t, which legacy is the turbo one then?

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
'91 - '94 Legacy 2.2L with turbo. '02-'05 2.0L WRX.

That good? A little nosing around on here should've turned that up without issue...

Also, Supermoose who offered you a turbo water pump prolly has a few IN STOCK, probably sells them for cheaper, and lives here in SF. I've bought a few things off him and have been quite happy. Just PM him.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
InsatiableAmos said:
'91 - '94 Legacy 2.2L with turbo. '02-'05 2.0L WRX.

That good? A little nosing around on here should've turned that up without issue...

Also, Supermoose who offered you a turbo water pump prolly has a few IN STOCK, probably sells them for cheaper, and lives here in SF. I've bought a few things off him and have been quite happy. Just PM him.
thanks, I'll PM him

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
P.S...

EJ207 = Version 5+ JDM STi Block
EJ205 = USDM '02-'05 WRX Block

EJ22t is an informal engine code, and we expected you to know what year/make/model it'd be from. No normal auto parts store will have any idea what that means... I hate it when people yell at other to search, but this is more of wanting you to try to help yourself before you ask for help. All this info is on here, wikipedia, nasioc, and scoobymods.

If you ever need help wrenching/figuring shite out/etc i'm just across the bay in San Francisco... Despite my grouchyness in this post i'm a pretty easygoing guy and love to turn wrenches with others ;)

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
InsatiableAmos said:
P.S...

EJ207 = Version 5+ JDM STi Block
EJ205 = USDM '02-'05 WRX Block

EJ22t is an informal engine code, and we expected you to know what year/make/model it'd be from. No normal auto parts store will have any idea what that means... I hate it when people yell at other to search, but this is more of wanting you to try to help yourself before you ask for help. All this info is on here, wikipedia, nasioc, and scoobymods.

If you ever need help wrenching/figuring shite out/etc i'm just across the bay in San Francisco... Despite my grouchyness in this post i'm a pretty easygoing guy and love to turn wrenches with others ;)
Yeah, I knew what engines those were, just didn't know which cars they were in. The 7 in 207 and 5 in 205 is what I didn't know. Thanks for the info
tho. Maybe I'll PM you for help and Turboing questions

1 - 13 of 13 Posts