Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm not to sure if this is where i should be posting this, so if it is I apoligize. So i bought this car a couple of months ago, when i first posted on here i said there was no rust, yeah well i was wrong. I found rust first in the trunk where the spare tire goes because water had filled that up, at that point i didnt know how water got in there. A couple of weeks ago we had a bad storm and i went out to my car after it passed and i had a lake in my car. I pulled all the carpet out let it dry (carpet is still not in) and i tried to figure out where the water came from. I thought it was coming from the tail lights but i did a very ghetto thing and im sure ill be flamed for it but i put gorilla tape over the areas i thought was leaking in the lights i thought that might have fixed the problem. No lol. After i had a lake in my car again i looked more in the trunk and i saw that there was a huge rust spot in the top of the trunk kind of and im guessing this is where the water is coming from or maybe the rear window i'm not sure. Do any of you know how much it would cost to fix the rust that i have you can see in the pics below. Or can i not fix that rust at all and i'm pretty much screwed sooner or later. and also is it possible the rear window could be causing the leaking as well there does seem to be condensation looking stuff in the bottom of the window after it rains or gets wet. Thank you guys for the help and sorry for such a long thread haha.

·
Registered
98 Subaru Impreza RS coupe RBP
325 Posts
I have the same floor problem so subscribed! although your rust in the trunk is WAY worse than mine! did it make its way to the rear quarters on the outside?

I would also talk to omiotek on here. He can help guide you in the right direction on what to do

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is some bubbling around the wheel well also theres rust running on the sides of the car idk how bad it is because one of the screws is stripped so i can fully check it out. But i just want to atleast delay the damage before i have my trunk like fall off lol

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
Take the rear seat out, go with someone to the carwash and have them wash the car while you sit in the back with a flashlight..

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,934 Posts
Are the drain tubes for the sunroof still in tact/free of clogs? They're clear tubes and are tucked up under each corner of the trunk area behind the sheet metal panels (you can see one of them in the 3rd pic). They should run into some black plastic fittings which drain out the sides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts