Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have some more info on this and how it controls the amount or timing of it? I have been told it will do it but I have been given no real specifics on it. I was thinking of doing it when I set the high boost settings. Only run 5lbs with normal day to day driving and 7lbs with the water injection for screwing around. So who's looked into it?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
well, i don't know about the link system, but i believe that most of the computer controlled water spray systems are set to activate at a certain boost level. i assume, though i don't know, that this is probably referenced off the wastegate, or possibly an airflow meter of some kind (MAP, MAF, etc). try emailing MRT or Rallispec or somebody who would know for sure. besides, i thought you were going for the manually opperated system anyways ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I'm going to use the old toggle switch for the TMIC sprayer but I was considering the water injection for higher boost periods.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
well, i was bumming around reading about Type R/RAs and i came across this on an english website:

The space where the anti-lock servo would occupy in the engine bay is taken up by the water reservoir for an intercooler spray. During hard acceleration the
ECU triggers the water pump and a fine mist of water is sprayed into the air stream over the intercooler cooling fins, reducing the temperature of the unit and
thus the air passing through it. There is also a manual button on the dash board to play with to activate the spray.
this reminds me, maybe you should post over on
scoobynet. they'd probably have a better idea about what info is used to activate I/C water spray.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The link triggers the IC spray according either to engine load, or or % of fule flow. You can set the timing of the pump up from 0 to 6 second on time on a 6 second cycle (ie 3 seconds = 3 sec. on and 3 sec. off)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I talked to Andrew at AMR and he gave me all the info I needed. I'll have to buy the boost control solenoid but it will allow me to do what I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts