95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Working on a mild winter build
-EJ205
-PnP vf48
-Tial EWG 38mm vband

I would like to utilize the water cooling ports on the EWG, heard and read it's not really necessary for a street/autox application but I would like to use the feature primarily for uniqueness and cooling (of course) since I have a scoop less hood and will have less airflow than a scooped hood in that area.

First that came to mind was the TB coolant lines from the crossover pipe - in/out. Easy!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with tapping into the cooling system for something else external or if anyone has used the EWG cooling ports as designed (feedback please if you have!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 BL5, 2001 RS
3,472 Posts
A lot of guys on nasioc are using the tial water cooling option you should check there.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,030 Posts
Yeh just put a T into a hose. Just make the return for it go into the block and the feed from after the throttle. Id guess that thing would get a little warm lol

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
if your not making power its not worth and and i dont find being unique a good reason. ive ran the mvs 38mm well over 450whp in a different application and never had an issue

·
Registered
179 Posts
if your not making power its not worth and and i dont find being unique a good reason. ive ran the mvs 38mm well over 450whp in a different application and never had an issue
Agreed, especially considering you're tapping into coolant lines which will affect reliability.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,627 Posts
I have mine tapped into the cooling, just used the TB and at the same time did the TB coolant bypass. It has been fine since the install. I never ran my EWG without it so I wouldn't know the difference lol.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree that I won't be making enough power to justify the cooling. However, according to tial - that if your EWG is in an area of low air flow and close to the DP, that is why the coolant ports were designed for. I think I might give it a shot because I don't have the scoop for the extra air flow.

I'll be using the ports off the heater core hard lines for the TB in/out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts