Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think subaru even looked at what they were doing.. I took off the hoodscoop underplates for the summer to get a little extra air in there and now some Punk Kid has cut the wire to my subaru factory car alarm horn thingy.... I went out to the car today and heard no sound when i opened the car and went to look for the cause.. Its so easy to see the wires from the hoodscoop.. someone just has to slip a pair of wire cutters in and walla instant quiet car. Where should i put the siren now? AHHHHH this pisses me off.

later.:boxer: :devil: :curse: FRY Vandals FRY

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Damn, I had never even thought of that! I am going to have to put my scoop block-off plate back in! :eek:

·
Registered
Project Frankenstein
479 Posts
crappy...never thought about that either, but I have a grill to catch bugs that isn't that easy to get off from the outside that might stop some little bastrd:flame:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
And this was Subaru's fault how? If you had left the plate they put on there in place, they couldn't have cut the wires. You took the plate off, and that's not Subaru's fault. Sorry to sound harsh, but that's how I see it.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Well two things, you can mount the horn in a differnt spot. Mine came mounted on the passenger side's strut tower. I've seen some mounted by the second air box for some reason. Can't get to the wires there.

Second I opened my hood scoop too but instead of just removing it I modified it so it looks stock but is still open:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60

from under the hood:

From outside:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts