Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out of the mall this past weekend and saw a white WRX. Up to this point there were hardly any Scoobies in my neck of the woods, let alone a WRX. The owner (a girl) just disarmed it as I was sitting in my car (Pontiac) contemplating on leaving a note. I struck up a conversation and quickly realized that she bought it because her boyfriend wanted her to. Nothing wrong with that, but then she shows me what her bf removed to 'make it quicker'. After a quick 'car lesson' with Phil (my husband) we've come to the conclusion that it was the waste gate. The poor car's not even through break-in and has temp tags on it :( And her bf's opening a tuner shop locally :rolleyes: Now, the poor Scooby already has a fart can too, no wastegate, and they haven't decided what spoiler it's getting. I know I'm going to get flamed for the next statement, but here it goes: the guy's biggest accomplishment (he's in his late 20s) has been finally earning his GED. Nothing wrong with GEDs, but I remember this guy from school and I wouldn't let him touch anything that I owned, he's generally a moron (in case you haven't figured that out yet). He was super strung out on illegal substances for years at a time and seems to have about 2 braincells left not dedicated to breathing. So, after some quick phone number exchanges, I chose to NOT mention this board nor i-club nor ANY board with Scooby info. Was I just being too hard on them or was I trying to 'preserve our kind' by not inviting potential r1ce boys?

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Sounds like even if you had mentioned it, they might not have taken any advise they found here. No harm done, IMO. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
you make it sound like they could read... and if they could, most of the useful info here is not in monosyllabic terms so they'd be doubly screwed...:D

As Chris Rock once said, "GED... Good enough diploma!"

I

·
0 Posts
Hmm....since the WRX turbo has an internal wastegate, that would have been impossible. Either way, it doesn't sound good.

Chad(Not the real Russian):)

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Imprezer said:
Hmm....since the WRX turbo has an internal wastegate, that would have been impossible. Either way, it doesn't sound good.

Chad(Not the real Russian):)
maybe he took out something he thought was the wastegate :D

*whoopsies*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts