Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 2001 RS next week from out of town, and need to know where to have warranty service performed? I can either allow the seller to scedule and take care of the warranty before I pick the car up and drive it home, or I can drive it 300 miles and have it taken care of locally. The warranty relates to a timing problem and the dealer claims it will only take an hour or two to fix.

The reason I ask is because, from what I have read on i-club, the dealer that performs warranty service is held liable for any error that may occur and therefore another dealer may not fix it. This would not be a concern if it were not 300 miles away. I certainly would not wish to have the vehicle transported back to that dealer to have something fixed.

Does anyone have any details, or experience with this warranty? Any suggestions as to where I should have the warranty work performed? Can I trust that it will not cause a problem on my drive home, if I choose to get it fixed locally?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I would go to the dealer that you will be using for every thing else on the car. This way they are familiar with you and the car. Either way the records of the work will be in Subarus data base and will follow you where ever you go.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kaboom,

you got that right

TMRRALLY,

sorry, just a little slow here, i catch on quickly though. thanks for the information, and will notify the seller to cancel the appointment for service so that i can take care of it hear at home. any insight on the highest quality dealer in the cincy area, not excluding the dealer in florence, ky. if it is not ethical for you to answer this i understand.

thanks again,

anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts