Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up typing a long story that disappeared on me after flipping to a new tab. I'm not retyping it, so to make it short, stay away from this garbage.

I bought a pair of eBay knockoffs about 5 years ago and they we're great. They were a hard abs plastic that even seemed to have some clear coat applied to them. They were a perfect mold and fit.

I bought some recently and they are made out of a weird, tacky, soft rubbery material. They also look like a blind 5 year old carved them out a block of this stuff with a dremel.

I feel like I could cut these in half with a plastic butter knife or simply snap them in half with my hands. I'm very disappointed with this garbage. Stay away!

·
Registered
01, 2.5rs, Aspen white
5 Posts
You should tell us which ones. I ordered some knock offs about a year ago and am mostly happy for the amount of money I spent. It is well known that they are indeed cheap ebay replicas.

·
Registered
1995 WRX 2015 F150
1,873 Posts
The last set I bought on ebay they sent 2 of the same side. When I complained they refunded me and never asked for them to be returned.

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1999 RS 2.5 WRB
72 Posts
I won this auction. Heheh. <3 And you're right, these are the decent ones... the fitment is good, and they are very hard plastic. Almost seem brittle, like if a big rock strikes them, they'll likely shatter... but they looked like they'd fit better than the other eBay knockoffs so I snagged em.

There are two suppliers on eBay right now and they are both selling the same junk. I bought mine from "Free-motor802".

For 97 01 Subaru Impreza STI GC8 Fog Light Covers 2 5 Door Black ABS Pair LH RH | eBay

I didn't bid on it but here is a recent auction of someone who sold the good older Chinese knockoffs. I should have bid on these, damn't. They are the ones I used to have, but can't find.

97 01 Subaru Impreza RS STI GC8 Fog Light Covers Black | eBay

·
Registered
all the wagons
1,534 Posts
ive bought 3 sets off ebay and they have always been awesome. sucks the quality has declined... i think the first set i bought was like 25 bucks shipped or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts