Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2006 BP5 Satin White
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These lights are at least $600 with shipping. Does anybody know where I can find a vendor selling them for less? I'll even take a pair of used ones. All I ask is they have to be real MORETTE lights.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
There's a groupbuy i found over on the other site by Z1 performance $400 shipped i think. Also i've seen a Lechute <sp> Subaru some Canadian dealer have them for $700 CDN about $450 US.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
can i keep my original headlights? i think they look better. only headlight mod i would do, would be the STi headlight set.

jz

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Damn $3,150!? I think they raised the price on that. IIRC, it used to be 2 thousand something (which is already ridiculous enough).

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
MagicMT said:
Damn $3,150!? I think they raised the price on that. IIRC, it used to be 2 thousand something (which is already ridiculous enough).
yea, i do remember seeing it as, "damn, this is expensive as fuck, but i can still afford it." now, it's just simple, not affordable.

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
jetfan8178 said:
Dude thats crazy.

They look like those cheapo twin beam headlights from ebay that sell for like 200 bucks too except for the corner light.
agreed. I'd really like to see a better picture of those Sti lights painted. The thing i hate about morettes and replica morettes is the stock/clear corners always look way out of place.

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Somone painted their corner BRP to match the morettes and the rest of the car. It looked pretty good. But for some reason I couldn't find it through searching..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well,After seeing that Sti light I went ahead and ordered the cheap APC ones for my car.I will just mold the corner into the l;ight with somefiberglass sand iit down and paint them flat black and leave a small sliver at the bottom for the corner light to shine thru.

I love custom stuff.

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
jetfan8178 said:
Well,After seeing that Sti light I went ahead and ordered the cheap APC ones for my car.I will just mold the corner into the l;ight with somefiberglass sand iit down and paint them flat black and leave a small sliver at the bottom for the corner light to shine thru.

I love custom stuff.
PICS! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
those things are made by apc?

did not know

why can't i find them anywhere

they used to be all over ebay

i think that the knockoffs look better than the genuine article...

and i believe you're talking about me w/ the corners painted...

it was a Photochop to see what it would look like

i have a spare set of corners waiting to be painted when i get the knockoffs if i can find them for a decent price

and they were goin for like 120 on ebay...

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
NomadTW said:
and i believe you're talking about me w/ the corners painted...

it was a Photochop to see what it would look like
No, someone really did it. They did the DIY corner mod and painted around that little square part so light still goes through there. It was like a 3 page thread too, I don't know why I can't find it...

·
Registered
703 Posts
NomadTW : Yeah,The ebay ones were a big craze because it was the ones that APC had set out as their market test ones to see if they would sell.Now that they are a standard production i5tem it will be hard to find them on ebay.

I plan on using the stock corners and making the little square clear and use amber bulbs.What sucks is that I dont have any stock corners anymore,Just the OEM clear corners.If anyone wants to partial trade with me for their stockers and some cash I'd be willing to deal.;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts