Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester 2.5x
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just about three days ago a 2006 Impreza 2.5i showed up for sale just a few miles from my house. It's up for around $600 which seems like a steal for how clean this thing looks. The good: Clean interior, new tires, good body (hasn't been wrecked or anything lol). The bad: It has a bad rod bearing. Now I'm young, and busy so I don't know all the ins and outs of a cars engine cuz I don't have a lot of time right now to learn all that, but is this something to totally back away from, or should I pursue the purchase? I'm looking for some pro advice on: Cost of repair? Is the repair easy enough, in both labor and time, to do myself in the garage? Is 600 a good deal for a car with a problem like this? I currently own a 04' Forester, that I picked up for pretty cheap. I just replaced the head gaskets on it and did some body work for some dents. That car is in really nice condition right now and I wanna keep it as a solid daily and also keep the resale value up on it so I don't want to modify that car. But I really want a car that I can keep in the garage to learn on and modify myself. The dream would be a 06 STI but I simply can't afford that right now so this is a close second haha. My thoughts are. "Buy the Impreza cheap, replace the rod bearings, tune it up a little for a good learning experience with working on a subie." Am I absolutely crazy or is this a good purchase for a project car?

Also I apologize, I'm brand new to the tread, and I like to talk (or type) so sorry if this is a little word heavy haha.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts