Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a used 2.5 RS in the near future. I would like to do some fairly extensive modifications, provided I have the money;) . Has anyone used any of Vivid Racing's (www.vividracing.com) staged turbo kits. If you have, could you post any helpful info and hp numbers. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Forced Air Technologies has a pretty good reputation, so if you wanted to turbocharge your 2.5 RS, then that would be a good route to go. Other companies include www.ludespeed.com, www.vishnuperformance.com, or you can do a custom turbo kit, which is what I did.

Graham

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
Well, actually, Robert pulled it off of my car. The kit was a prototype (not ready for production). The TEC-II was tuned by Shiv for the TT setup, and was not a problem what-so-ever.

The problem with the kits were 2 fold. Wastegates weren't holding, so we were obtaining 15psi on a wastegate set @ 11psi (boost creep). The other problem was the turbo's were "hunting" against each other under 5psi.

Direct quote from Robert @ FAT

It's virtually impossible to try to take 2 separate Turbos and make them charge into one single throttle body. The Turbos are trying to over pressure each other.

So what we are doing to try to resolve this problem now, to make the twin Turbo system work with the 2.5L engine and intake design, we are designing a dual throttle body set-up that will bolt on to your factory single throttle body intake. That will make it a true twin Turbo system and avoid this problem on future twin Turbo kits.

Customers are welcome to call so that I can personally answer their questions.
(928) 632-1251

Thanks, Robert

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
That won't solve a thing. You need two seperate intakes manifold chambers. Think about it, all of the air still ends up in the same common area of the manifold, confusing the boost controlers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts