Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of paying the cash for the 550cc injectors that Shiv sells along with the fuel rail that he sells with the twin feed from the fuel pump, the adjustable fuel pressure regulator setup. I was just curious if anybody else had tried a set on their car yet. Anybody with it want to post a review?

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
I have the fuel rails on my RS-T along with the TEC-II & 550's... You need the TEC-II to control the 550's that he sells since the impedence (sp??) is not equal to that of the ECU.

On a WRX, you can use the STi pink 565's with the Unichip as they are both the same impedence rating.

Make sense?

Otherwise, the combination is awesome. I really like the combination of the fuel rails, the TEC-II and all the rest of the toys... :)

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Do those fuel rails take care of the lean condition of the #3 cylinder? I'm going turbo soon (I hope!), and I know I need to do something about that stupid series setup to the injectors.

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
313 Posts
The 550's work but you have to splice your factory

injector harness to use the rc harnesses...A friend of mine is using 440's and he cut the harnesses about 3" away from the plug just in case he wants to reuse the stock plugs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The link only has drives for high impedance injectors. You can run low impedance injectors w/ risistor packs, but they are not as acurate that way.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I'll just get ahold of Power Enterprise then and order what I need in a 550cc. They'll build whatever you have money for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts