Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in FairFax, Northern Va...what are some problem i might have if i where to mod my car..and by problems i mean not pass the emissions? (turbo, ...ect)

·
Registered
392 Posts
well latest i've heard is that VA doesn't have a emissions test. I heard that from my drivers improvement instructor guy.. i took a class on friday and he's running straight pipes on a old bike so they don't even test his emissions but he passes. I have no clue if theres's something out there that i dont' know about..

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
rbehny said:
well latest i've heard is that VA doesn't have a emissions test. I heard that from my drivers improvement instructor guy.. i took a class on friday and he's running straight pipes on a old bike so they don't even test his emissions but he passes. I have no clue if theres's something out there that i dont' know about..
Well the Richmond area doesn't have emmisions, although from what I have heard northern VA does have test. Details about the test I'm not sure.

Buster
www.awdsubaru.com

·
Registered
2003 Legacy L
82 Posts
Northern VA does have emissions. They do a visual check to make sure there are cats, and positive crankcase ventilation. They also check for CEL's and the gas cap to make sure it seals good. For an AWD car, they do a 2 speed idle test, where they hold the revs at 2500 rpm for 30 sec, and then let it idle for 45.

My RS-T passed with flying colors, so as long as you don't get rid of your cats, you should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts