Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2000 impreza rs coupe.
I removed the viper security from my coupe, and the driver side door lock switch stopped working. So, I tinkered around (with advice from subaru peoples), and managed to get the lock side of the switch working again, by jumping two wires in the plug (near the cel plug under the steering column). The pic I posted in this part is incorrect, I used the pink wire instead of the one beside it in the butt connector.

However, the unlock part does nothing. Is there something in this plug that I may need to jump for that part too, or any suggestions to make it work again? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
718 Posts
I don't have a schematic for a 2000, only a 1995 and 2002, which is next generation. If it's like the 02 though, you'll need a third wire in there to get both lock and unlock.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
718 Posts
Hold on didn't realize which connector you had.
No, I still think you need a third wire for unlock. Whatever it is, it should also be able to be jumped to the yellow/red wire. I'd recommend combing the net for a schematic first though.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
718 Posts
It's tough to say. Are you reasonably confident that's for a 2000? If so, you'll need to identify what connector you're working with in your car, find it in the schematic, and follow the wires to see which ones go to the lock switch and actuator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure, I could always be wrong. My main goal is to find where that connector goes. I'm not seeing any extra wires floating around under there

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
718 Posts
What's the layout of that connector? Like how many columns of pins X how many rows?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, I found out, it goes to the factory keyless entry unit. Thanks for all the help! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts