Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I outran a Viper by 5 secs around the course and it was a fast, open course good for the RWD cars. ;)

Also saw a new Cobra run and 2 Ford Lightnings.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Cool! What class were you/the Viper in?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10th Warrior said:
there was a Venom 550 at our event yesterday. but, as per usual, the guy had more money then driving skill.
Yeap! :biggest:

I_H8_1.8 - i think the Viper was SS , fastest time was a 3rd gen RX-7. I'm running GS for now.

I did get some popping noise from my front suspension when i turn, i think something popped when i changed my wheels. A reason now to get a good beater to race in, found a '88 RX-7 turbo for sell with a bad motor.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
I'm back to stock class myself, only it's HS! STS is not the place for me or my car right now! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ran HS for the first time and got my @$$ handed to me buy a mother and son honda civic team and two friends in a tiburon.

Oh well first HS and first time with 'r' rated tires. we will see what happens at the next event

Erik S.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Yeah, I didn't do too well at my last event. The course had a lot of places to pick up speed but my :curse: 1.8 didn't until I had to slow down again! I did pretty good in the corners, though!

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
33 Posts
Flooredsubaru said:
I ran HS for the first time and got my @$$ handed to me buy a mother and son honda civic team and two friends in a tiburon.

Oh well first HS and first time with 'r' rated tires. we will see what happens at the next event

Erik S.

The last name of the mother and son was Duncan, as in Howard Duncan, the head of Solo2 stuff at the SCCA... They have been doing this for a while and are VERY involved. Plus that Civic SI is the perfect HS (and arguably STS) car.

As you get more experience (and hopefully a chance to go to some drivers schools and stuff), you will get a lot faster.

-Keith (17 STS)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts