Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 rs
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some searching and couldn't find anything on after market alarms working with subaru oem remotes. Wondering if anyone knew, if they can be reprogrammed to work with each other?

·
Registered
1999 rs
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly what I was thinking but hoping there was a way. For some odd reason I have a blank subaru key and fob in one laying around which looks a lot better than my old crappy key and viper remote and was hoping there was a way to make them work together =/

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,816 Posts
^This.

It won't work unless you put new guts into the factory remote. The Viper's work on a changing coded frequency. The factory is one code period.

·
Registered
1999 rs
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think he is trying to keep his viper system but have it work with a oem fob/key

Although I might be interested pm me about them

-crash
Exactly what I'm trying to do especially because of the fact I can unlock my doors from any where and see exactly where my car is off my android phone. Other wise I would be all over your offer

·
Loves Gravel
2001 STM 2.5RS Sedan
389 Posts
The alarms I have wire into the OEM keyless wiring. When you lock the doors, it arms, flashes lights, beeps the horn. Unlock, disarms. It is a keyless upgrade. Doesn't come with a remote, you use the OEM. Its 7 wires you have to hook up. I always loved doing these on Subarus, every single wire is at the module. Takes me about 10 minutes to install.

Ill have to count and see how many I have. I thought it was 10-12 of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.