Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
281 - 282 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Great work on the build so far. How do you like those Megan suspension components? I'll be refreshing the rear end on mine once I'm done with this swap. I've been debating just replacing the bushings with Group-N, or going aftermarket. The Megan lateral links and trailing arms look like copies of STI pinks. I noticed Hardrace makes versions that look identical, but come in both pillow ball and hardened rubber versions. Also, where are they manufactured? Thanks!
Hi Mailman,
Years and years ago, I needed engine/transmission mounts, and found the Megan Racing ones had the Group N/Subaru OEM part numbers stamped into them? And at half the price! Then years later when I wanted coilovers, I did my research and found people on this forum were very happy with Megan Racing again. And this time around, for my build's purpose Megan Racing was the best bang-for-the-buck. I got everything I could Megan Racing made for our cars, and the rest Whiteline (I like running as few different brands of stuff as possible).

I've been driving around and still having the learn the car again, but noticed I'm actually having a hard time finding the limit now where the tires will squeal :p From my experience Megan Racing's been top notch stuff. I highly recommend it.

Where I possibly wouldn't recommend it is if your racing at the level where sponsorship or prize money is at stake. But by that point you're probably already into the super-serious parts that aren't street-able at all anymore...

As to where they're made? Megan Racing has a US and Japanese site. When I ordered my parts, they all came from California. I'm hoping one of those 2 countries?

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Doing some cleanup, I found I still had about half a can left of supposed-to-match paint from way back. I noticed that my back bumper has been a bit beat up for quite some time now. With a few months insurance on it, and Phase 4 still being a few years away, I decided to sand down the damage as best I can and try and freshen it up a bit.

Not perfect, but better then before. Ironically I hate sanding and bodywork but actually enjoy painting. I classify it as: tolerable.

281 - 282 of 282 Posts