Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Got my rear swaybar back from coating.

Went with light grey cause it sorta matches my front sway bar now and was a colour that didn't cost any extra. I'm adding this to the pile that I'll have my shop do cause of the broken bolt and knackered threads in the frame.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Well, that was tedious. But the inside of one rear hub is coated.

One more to go...

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Other side's done too. For the 1st time in... 6 months? All 4 of Vicky's tires are back down on the ground.

All that's left for this phase is a handful of bushings that I'll get my shop to help with. In the meantime I have some odds and ends kicking around that I'll take care of too.

·
Registered
2000 OBSTi
510 Posts
Looks like it's coming together nicely, but unfortunately, I think you're going to have take a couple things back off.

The sway bar end link mounts (origami boxes) aren't installed properly. They go between the knuckle and the rear lateral link. The large hollow slips over the "tail" of the knuckle and the lateral link sandwiches it place. You do have them on the correct sides, the hole for the end link stud goes towards the top.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Looks like it's coming together nicely, but unfortunately, I think you're going to have take a couple things back off.

The sway bar end link mounts (origami boxes) aren't installed properly. They go between the knuckle and the rear lateral link. The large hollow slips over the "tail" of the knuckle and the lateral link sandwiches it place. You do have them on the correct sides, the hole for the end link stud goes towards the top.

Hi Rokket,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm having my shop put in the rear sway bar later, so if those brackets are in the wrong way, I'll have them swap it around. I'll give em the heads up this might be wrong.

When I went to put them in, I went by the picture/instructions provided by Megan Racing. I think I put them in right according to this?:
Rear Rear Lateral Arms for Subaru Impreza GC/GD - MRS-SU-0321

Maybe they've made their origami boxes differently?

·
Registered
2000 OBSTi
510 Posts
I guess anything is possible, but my guess is that image is mislabeled. They are almost exact copies of the original STi component. Otherwise there really is nothing from keeping that mount from turning about the bolt. I found these installed pics on scoobynet of the Megan kit.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I guess anything is possible, but my guess is that image is mislabeled. They are almost exact copies of the original STi component. Otherwise there really is nothing from keeping that mount from turning about the bolt. I found these installed pics on scoobynet of the Megan kit.

Ah, OK. Thanks for that update. My shop's gotta help me with my sway bar install anyway. I'll let them know when it's time.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Went for my first drive since I put the back end up in the air. Wow! It was nice!

There's no rear sway bar in right now, so I didn't want to push things too much and get surprised with the ass-end kicking out. But car actually feels smoother. I don't feel every bump or crack like I did before, but feels even more solid then before too. Must've had some tired bushings somewhere.

It's also pretty nice having brakes that don't have any issues! LOL Nothing's seized, pedal feels normal again, and even after braking fairly hard they're all only warm to the touch.

Really satisfying all that work truly paid off. Looking forward to finding the time to arrange with my shop to have the rest of em pressed in.

261 - 269 of 269 Posts