JBL GTO628 6.5” 2-way (x2)
JBL GTO5355 5-channel amp w/ Remote Bass Control
JBL GTO1214D subwoofer (x1) in custom enclosure

Powertrain
Turbonetics T3/T4 turbo w/ cruise control delete
Spearco 3” top mount intercooler
Greddy Type RS BOV
Tial 38mm wastegate w/ 5 psi spring & stainless open dump
Customize OEM oil pan w/ Russell stainless braided turbo drain back & OEM magnetic drain plug
Aluminum charge pipes w/ 3" cone air filter & red hoses
Red STI throttle body/intercooler coupling
Honed-out throttle body w/ coolant by-pass
Link G2 ECU
STI pink injectors
Aeromotive FPR w/ Autometer Ultra-Lite pressure gauge
Aeromotive 10 micron fuel filter
'04 STI fuel pump
NGK BKR7E gapped to 0.0025" w/ NGK blue spark plug wires
Borla UEL stainless header
Custom 2" stainless up & down pipes
Hollow 2.5" Magnaflow universal stainless cat
Custom 2.5" mid-exhaust
BPM 3" stainless over-axle muffler w/ A'PEXi hangers
Billet ‘STI’ oil cap
California A&S 90A alternator
A/C delete
Custom grounding kit
‘STI’ rad cap
Custom aluminum rad cooling plate
K&N valve cover vents
Megan Racing 4 piece engine/transmission mounts
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch w/ reinforced clutch fork
ACT 12lbs street flywheel
Redline drivetrain fluids
Castrol Edge 5W50
OEM diff cover (pre-installed)

Footwork
Megan Racing coilovers
Whiteline front & rear strut bars
Whiteline steering rack bushings, tie rods & ball joints
Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar w/endlinks & mount kit.
Whiteline rear subframe lock bolt kit
OEM 4-pot front calipers
Hawk HPS brake pads
Prime X-drilled & slotted brake rotors
Russell stainless braided brake lines
JDM Legacy B4 rims w/ 215/40ZR17 BF Goodridge KDW

Attachments

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I haven't posted in a while, I've taken the plates off my car to save some money while I get work done to it. Some of it seemed to happend all at once, and some of you might expect me to say it's cause of the previous owner again, so I won't officially say so! :D However, nothing "Subaru" about my car has failed.

Basically, what started as no boost lead to a burnt out wastegate (this is the 2nd HKS product to fail me). Followed by my revlimit becoming 5000 rpm, then 4500, then 4000, then just enough to keep speed in traffic in 5th, which the dying fuel pump is the cause.

So, I've decided to go ahead and fix all that properly. The turbo piping was of mild steel and wrapped in exhaust wrap and rusted to hell. The manual fuel riser thing under the hood killed to supposed Supra TT fuel pump (cause we should all mash Toyota parts into Subarus) Anyways, I'm in the collecting parts phase, all online and all new, and think I'm gettin stuff at a pretty good deal (except for flanges, they're not much cheaper).
My exhaust list:

- stainless T3 inlet flange and exhaust flange, and stainless deltagate flanges from Turbonetics (I got em straight from Turbonetics cause I'm not 100% sure what turbo I have, and didn't wanna get the wrong bolt pattern, especially for the inlet flange) $190 USD (couldn't find supplier locally)

- 3' of stainless 2.25" straight pipe and 2 u-bends, and 1' of 1 3/8" pipe and u-bend for cheap from Burns Stainless $170 USD (got quoted $500-$800 CAD locally)

- Tial 38mm wastegate for cheap off eBay $190 USD ($300-$350 CAD locally) came with small/green spring

- Tial small/red spring for cheap off eBay $20 CAD ($90 CAD locally)

- 4 stainless, 2.25" two bolt exhaust pipe flanges off eBay $130 USD ($250 CAD locally)

- 4 stainless O2 sensor bungs for cheap off eBay $18 USD ($80-$100 CAD locally)

- found a Magnaflow (of all things) hiflo, stainless cat off eBay for cheap $43 USD ($200-$300 CAD locally)

My fuel list:

- Sti pink injectors for cheap (at the time) off eBay $350 USD (though I've had em for a year now and never got around to putting them in :p NOT gonna ask Subaru for local price hehe)

- Walbro 255 gph fuel pump for cheap off eBay $75 USD ($300-$350 locally)

- eManage support kit (cable and software that was supposed to come with the car when I bought it but never did :rolleyes: ) for cheap off eBay $90 USD ($140 USD from Greddy)

I'm gonna be doing the work and a friend of mine is gonna be doing the welding. The car also needs a new windshield and alarm, but I'd like to have it all done for summer. Really wish the car didn't have to die, but oh well, I'm not minding now cause I can still get around on the scooter, so I'm saving a lot of money on insurance and gas hehe

As of right now, what's arrived is my injectors, eManage support kit, piping, flanges, wastegate and wastegate spring.

The 4 stainless, 2.25" two bolt exhaust pipe flanges showed up!

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel pump finally showed up... after almost a month... in ziplock bags... it's actual Walbro at least, I hope it works

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,381 Posts
hey dude. seriosuely dont want to burst your bubble but be careful buying "authentic" parts like that tial thing off of ebay. i've read a few articles concerning fakes and even though they do work sometimes, their are a lot of documented failures of those babies.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigwig711 said:
hey dude. seriosuely dont want to burst your bubble but be careful buying "authentic" parts like that tial thing off of ebay. i've read a few articles concerning fakes and even though they do work sometimes, their are a lot of documented failures of those babies.
Appreciate the heads up! This one looks really good, really good built and workmanship to it IMO. I guess we'll see once I get it back on the road hehe

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuel pump is installed, and was gonna start the rest of the fuel parts under the hood, when I noticed I don't have an FPR, just some block-off/adapter thing.

Was informed to get an Aeromotive FPR which is now on it's way.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuel pressure regulator is installed.

Put it in the place where that stupid FMU was. I'll relocated it after I switch alarms and relocate the siren

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Passenger side injectors installed :p

Ran outta time before work to put the other side in. Wasn't that hard, just movin a bunch of stuff outta the way first. Other side looks like more stuff in the way...
Hardest part was figuring out how the "special seals" I ordered from subaruwrxparts.com to adapt these injectors into my engine. Turns out they're nothing more then 8 RS top injector seals *shakes head* that you just mash on each end of em.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting difference.

One question I had, what's that green nozzle thing added onto the stock injector? Does the stock injector spray that poorly?

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Special seals my a$$. They're so stiff, that the act of getting them over the lip and into the groove on the injector breaks them. I get to take everything apart all over again to change them with factory ones...

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fuel pump's in, as is the other side of the injectors. Picked up a new air and fuel filter while I was at it. Car's ready for a base tune now.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Charged up the battery Friday night and got the car idling in the driveway! It was at a perfect 14.7 AFR, but at 20 psi of fuel pressure, cause I hadn't adjusted the regulator yet.

Let the car warmup, and started to increase fuel pressue, but I had to stop at 30 psi, cause AFR dropped down to 10. Even after playing with the eManage and cutting down the fuel by 70%, the best we were able to get was 10.4.

I reached the limit of the eManage and picked up a Link+ system that should do the trick.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did a few things to the car the car's still off the road. I'm waiting for my Link+ system from speed_freak27 off NASIOC which is in Mississauga as of today.

Picked up the digital compass/air temp gauge from veightkiller off NASIOC a while back, and made an order from subaruwrxparts.com for its housing and a few other things while I was at it.

Also ordered new floor mats and shift boot as mine were starting to fall apart.

Also took advantage of the nice weather and recleared the hood in the backyard.
Before

After

Not bad for a backyard job. It's good enough for now although a few bugs stuck to the clear while it was drying... oh well, adds to the 'rally effect' I suppose.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picked up the Link+ yesterday, everything appears in order, though some wiring just needs to be cleaned up in the adapter harness.

·
Registered
00 BRP RS Coupe
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the car running and idling very nicely on the Link+. Everything works as promised!

Got it idling at a nice 700 rpm or so at 14.7 afr... then ran outta gas LOL Compass/gauge pack also works as promised! Just needs to be calibrated.

·
Premium Member
2001 Impreza OBS
2,180 Posts
you neeeed to clock that compressor housing so you get rid of that kink in your 90 degree elbow going to your intercooler. That is REALLY bad on air flow.

-Thomas

1 - 20 of 200 Posts