Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs BRP
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
turbo blew think to go to a vf34 got as good deal on one. my question is what else do i need to run this turbo. do i need injectors? a tune? fuel pump. already have a walbro 255 so i guess i dont need a fuel pump but help me out thanks

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
I'm assuming you have a EJ205, in which case you'll not require bigger injectors, but they would be needed if you plan on doing other mods to get the most out of the engine. Yes, you will definitely need a tune.

Deatschwerks makes the least expensive injectors or you could mod the OEM ones to flow ~800cc.

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
I'm assuming you have a EJ205, in which case you'll not require bigger injectors, but they would be needed if you plan on doing other mods to get the most out of the engine. Yes, you will definitely need a tune.

Deatschwerks makes the least expensive injectors or you could mod the OEM ones to flow ~800cc.
i'm pretty sure you need to atleast upgrade to a set of 560+ cc injectors...

aka sti pinks or a set of 06+ oem wrx injectors

the walbro pump will work fine and you will need a tune or you can use an accessport job

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs BRP
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its an 05. with catless up pipe and 3 inch turbo back. getting cob access port for the vf34. is injectors really necessary. i know down the road when he wants more power then im gonna need them but what about for the time being

·
aka RFoy2.5RS-T
98 RS
1,707 Posts
http://romraider.com/

I have a VF34 on my car right now(98 rs EJ205) I'm running STi pinks using Romraider for tuning. I wouldn't recommend modding the stock injectors the flow rates are erratic and you'd need to flow test a few modded sets to get a nice matching set.

I wouldn't Run a VF34 on stock injectors even with a tune. you won't get much power out of it and you'd be running the stock injectors past 100% IDC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts