Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Impreza WRX Dark Blue
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
As some of you may know I'm in the process of swapping a version 8 spec c/s203 motor into my 1995 wrx and have been having a hard time sourcing the equivalent ecu (22611AH591, ECU code 6B).
Would it matter if the ecu is different as long as its version 8?
Airboy will be tuning it and he had recommended I match the ecu to ensure crank/cam sensors match but I wouldn't think this would vary with the spec c would it?
Also if anyone knows a good place to find an ecu that would be great. I've got two parts importers looking atm.
Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
MY00 //// BRP 2.5RS coupe
3,368 Posts
as long as version 8 should be fine, and get a tune to eliminate all other factor.

·
Registered
MY00 //// BRP 2.5RS coupe
3,368 Posts
If you check wiring, make sure you don't need matching keys etc, I have a spare usdm 06 sti ecu btw.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey Guys,
As some of you may know I'm in the process of swapping a version 8 spec c/s203 motor into my 1995 wrx and have been having a hard time sourcing the equivalent ecu (22611AH591, ECU code 6B).
Would it matter if the ecu is different as long as its version 8?
Airboy will be tuning it and he had recommended I match the ecu to ensure crank/cam sensors match but I wouldn't think this would vary with the spec c would it?
Also if anyone knows a good place to find an ecu that would be great. I've got two parts importers looking atm.
Thanks for any help guys
22611AH591, amazing ECU, one of my favorites. Wire the car similar to a 2002-2003 WRX and add in the AVCS (if you have it) through the TGV delete wires, as there are non on the Spec C.

There should be no immobilizer on these ECU's, just get it working and you should be good to go.

Cheers,
William Knose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts