Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
06 WRX TR Aspen/98 RS RBP
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't look like the holes on a version 6 replica wing will line up with the holes from the coupe wing. anyone have suggestions or anyone done this before? (i'm sure many people have) anyone have pics of the underside of a coupe wing?

Version 6 replica

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, i'm buying it either way, i just didn't know if you were sure because you said you never put it on.

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
/\/\ what he said! If it is a replica, does that make it a one-piece wing?
From what I can tell from the pic, the holes you have circled have a set of bolts that accessible thru those holes. An authentic wing is a two-piece wing. ;)

·
Premium Member
2011 Impreza WRX
565 Posts
The two big holes on top are not the mount holes. It will fit.
oops my bad I failed with the red circles :blol:

/\/\ what he said! If it is a replica, does that make it a one-piece wing?
From what I can tell from the pic, the holes you have circled have a set of bolts that accessible thru those holes. An authentic wing is a two-piece wing. ;)
it is a two piece fiber glass replica wing, the two pieces are already put together because I was about to put it on my car

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sooo, i need to make holes in the middle of the wing as well so that it'll be flush in the middle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would think i need to, b/c my GD STi wing has like 1500 screws :crazy: but it's necessary. don't want the wing flyin off ;)

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
An authentic wing has to match 13 holes to the trunk. 10 of them are screws that bolt onto the trunk. As for a replica...:confused:

·
Registered
GC8 STi, Mini, Lexus
543 Posts
the real version 6 does line up so im not sure about the replicas.

the real version 6 does have a few extra holes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if the real version 6 has extra holes, you mean it only lines up on the sides with the coupe wing. obviously, there still needs to be holes added in the middle.

·
Registered
92 Crown Vic
629 Posts
i recently put my replica V6 on. i just used the 3 holes on either side and it fits great. i don't see the need for the center unless you get to high, high speed. i just need to get a third brake light.

james

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks man, i'll probably do two more in the middle anyway, just to keep it down. did you put it on yourself? i'm sure any place that is going to professionally do it would make sure it doesn't leak, with some sort of leakproof seal no? like the same stuff a stock GDB wing has? and sealant around the holes as well.

(the black trim)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts