Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 L
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 1999-2000 V5/6 EJ207's OBD-II? If so, can someone help me find the wiring for the OBD-II port in the following wiring diagram? If not, how do I pull the check engine light codes off the ecu?

Background: Recently swaped V5 EJ207 in place of 93 1.8L. I'm getting intermittent check engine lights. I've tried connecting the black connectors under the dash to pull the code off the ecu but the check engine light doesn't flash. I even tried the green connectors and both, but still no flash. I was under the assumption the V5 EJ207 was OBD-II because Ecutek supports my ecu code (AE481). I think when they pulled the wiring harness in japan they may have unplugged the wiring from the back of the OBD-II port.

Here's the link to the wiring diagram(thanks Jaxx):

scroll to pages 31-36
http://www.linkecu.com/support/dlandswupdates/Downloads/MY99Manual/view

Here's few pictures of the plugs under the dash I'm talking about:

black/green connectors mentioned

2 connectors on the left are in addition to above

better shot of yellow connnetor wiring

·
Registered
93 L
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI...posts 2-4 are partially wrong. The V5/6 EJ207's aren't fully OBD-II compliant but they did come with a standard 16 pin OBD-II connection to read ecu data. You can read ecu codes the old way(connecting black plugs) or through the OBD-II plug. This has proven to produce the same ecu check code by my Delta Dash. I've been told that a V1 Tactrix cable will work also but I can only confirm the Delta Dash works.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
FYI...posts 2-4 are partially wrong. The V5/6 EJ207's aren't fully OBD-II compliant but they did come with a standard 16 pin OBD-II connection to read ecu data. You can read ecu codes the old way(connecting black plugs) or through the OBD-II plug. This has proven to produce the same ecu check code by my Delta Dash. I've been told that a V1 Tactrix cable will work also but I can only confirm the Delta Dash works.
The v1 cable with the ecuexplorer software works. I've done it with a couple v5 and 6s.

·
Registered
93 L
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for the help...I got the Delta Dash used for the same price as a tactrix cable so it wasn't a big deal now I just have to figure out how to solve the code 24 isc valve stick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts